My absence from the forum floor

(Old drawing I did - 2004 "Dear God, What Have you Done!?")
I have taken a voluntary leave of absence from my position once again. I suppose you could say I ran again. This, however, will be a much shorter break, and it is not a break from the band itself, but rather, politics.
There have been comments as to my absence from the Emerald Hall, and so I thought I should address them here formally.
For those of you who do not know about The Emerald Hall, this is the name given to the official meeting place for fans, just off the grounds of the Celestial compound. It was given that name due to the color of the walls. Ezra chose the color in the mid 90’s. For those of you who don’t know Ezra, he is on of the better known Gards. He joined the Celestial Army during the era of unrest and Fan Civil War. He is most known for risking his own life to quell the nightly battles between the new fans and the old fans. Through his bravery and soapbox preaching, he was instrumental in helping bring about peace between the generations of fans. Oh, and his favorite color is Green – that’s what color his hair is too.
Enough about Ez, back to The Hall. –Photographs are not allowed anywhere within the Hall. I’ll draw something one of these days. Debates and discussions about Celestial, the band, the Gards, or even politics amongst the fans themselves are discussed at great length. Oh we can go on for hours. Debates can be very formal, as fans tend to take things very seriously. At other times, they deteriorate into lengthy discussions about enemas, this usually happens when the bar is in operation.
Yes the meeting hall has a bar, and it serves liquor. The Emerald Hall has been used for many wild parties. This is not common practice; a great number of fans are under age. A greater number of them are nerds, and despite the massive gathering and a giant dance hall with a bar – most cannot drag themselves away from the Debate Floor.
(My Photo - The House)

(My Photo - The woods surrounding The Hall)
Well, I’ve had to drag myself from the debate floor. Discussion once again has deteriorated into politics, gossip, and all out fighting – mostly between the younguns in Status Gard. Sadly - this, of course, is when the conversation is most interesting. Seriously, it’s like Jerry Springer, I can’t look away. “Seizure Seizure Seizure!” I love it, a little too much. I’ve found I was spending too much time on the council, watching the others go at it. Stupidly trying to get involved (what can I say, I like trouble too much). I could spend all day just watching the sparks fly! And that’s just it – I need to spend all day working. So that kids, is why I will not be taking my seat on the Gard Council, and will not be speaking on the floor of the Emerald Hall for quite some time. I prefer to experience the band for what it is, not for what it can be dragged down into.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home