Saturday, October 14, 2006

scopeNew York 2006

Wait Wait Wait-Before I get to the Demi-Luke post… Let me just share this other story real quick. Who can forget scopeNew York 2006 or it’s ill-fated Press Preview?! Well, it just so happens, that the night Demi-Luke joined the Celestial tour was March 11, and as many of you may remember, that was also the same weekend as scopeNew York. So the night before, Demi’s big debut, I was with the rest of the cool New York art crowd.



I’m sure everyone remembers the infamous night of March 9th – when during the doomed Scope Press Preview, everyone was evacuated from the building, when the fire department was called – JUST as the preview was to start. Many smelled a conspiracy, but… somebody evidently smelled smoke, and what the hell, called the fire department. There was no press preview, but the fair did make al the major New York papers, just, not the way it had intended…or had it?

Any ways, here are some pics from opening night of scopeNew York – March 10th. These were taken around 9pm, while I was “performing” in my installation. During my, “performance,” I took pics, sent text messages, and talked a lot with my girls Sa Lews and De Vars about the upcoming concert on the 11th.





“When I come to terms, to terms with this…I will be safe in my frame.”











OK, so there you have it. Now remember the scopeNew York Press Preview Fireman incident when I upload my next post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barnaby said...

the guy with the machine gun is hot....

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home