Monday, October 16, 2006

Burning Zone: Demi-Luke

As promised, here's the sotry of Demi-Luke's first show.


“Burning Zone: Demi-Luke”
(My drawing, unfinished 2006 -Last drawn on the rail at a show in Boston
-or was that Camden? I don't fucking remember. Saratoga? Saratoga - I think)

So, after the whole scopeNew York whoopla, I headed home, packed and slept for about an hour or so. Around 4:45 am, I was on the phone again with Sa Lews, just checkin in. She was already in place, looking out for the fans. I was on my way, leaving the apartment to catch my train to meet up her and De Vars. Oh the trip was great fun, texting my gallerist art crisis shit, texting the girls band crisis crap… I finally made it to Burning Zone around 11 am.

The show was to take place in one of those sexy Disney-crap Casinos; you know, how they take a ruined city, like Rome, or New Orleans, or New York and make a Disney cheesy themed glorified arcade out of it? Yeah, it was one of those. So, I wander through one of the massive themed crap table malls, and finally make it to Pompeii. Aged fauve columns, ruins form “antiquity” and the incessant sound of slot machines and flashing lights. Really, just what I needed after another night of not sleeping.




“I screamed and ran to smash my favorite slot machine!”

So, as it drew time for the show, word had reached the fans about Eve’s replacement. Most of the kids were already cranky and arguing over who got to the show first, who came before who online ect. Well, when they found out that someone was taking over for Eve, a damned Riot near broke out. Well, actually one did. Fans to this day still talk about what a nightmare the Burning Zone line was. Moshing, pushing, shoving, screaming, fists, boots, battle cires, spiting & hair pulling -- and this was just the line to get into the mosh pit! Mallusion, who normally keeps the peace during these things, lost control of the fans and extra Gards had to be called in to restore order to the line of fans waiting to get in.

Everyone got into the show, watched the opening band, and calmed down, over the Line War at least. But still, everyone doubted in the ability of Demi-Luke, how could he, or anyone for that matter replace Eve? Just as it was about time for the band to take the stage, 2 nights after the Infamous scope fire fiasco – the place fills with smoke, and strobes start going off. Everyone packed into the pit – imagine yelling fire in that theater.

The fire department comes - again. Too much smoke in the building – again. Turns out, the bands smoke machines set off the alarms. Here’s visuals:


The pic Sa Lews took of the firemen.

So, to pass the time, Sa Lews & I teased Dragon by calling out south park quotes and showing him pics of my scopeNY installation, which was of him. Poor kids musta been so creeped out, lord knows I was. “Why don’t you take a peeckture! – OK CLEEK.”

Finally the band took the stage. Demi Luke didn’t was anytime. He went nuts. Jumped into the crowd, climbed on his amps, kicked over his amps, basically went fucking nuts. That boy was a crazy donkey bouncing around, breaking shit – and he fucking destroyed that set list. He was amazing on guitar – far surpassing his mother’s abilities. He played so hard, his guitar string snapped in his face, and split his head open. He bled everywhere – and even that didn’t stop him!


This is a pic Dragon took. Don’t tell him, he’ll kill me.

At one point, Celeste even stopped the show to ask lil Demi if he was OK. The boy needed medical attention! But even then, he just kept going. Then Cel went on this rant about Pompeii – and how fucking much the place sucked, and “’Oh it’s a band, and they have a smoke machine…’ fuck that, the moments passed, and I’m just gonna set a fire for real!” So fuckin, Cel takes a lit cigarette from the bass player, and sets the fucking stage on fire! Pompeii as it was meant to be!



The band played on, Demi went wild – out of the flames flew a Grenwahlden – but he just turned and smacked it with his guitar and kept right on going! Finally the boy solidified himself as the new fan favorite at the tend of the set. Demi-Luke climbed up to the highest amp, and from nearly two stories up – JUMPS into the crowd – and god help them, landed on mostly girls! Two of them, Larissa and Tyler-Anne were friends of mine! They caught him, and no one was fatally hurt – but man did Larissa and Tyler-Anne give him hell the next morning!!!



Personally, I love Demi-Luke. I followed his mother, and looked up to her for years. That was pretty bad ass of him to play with his skull cracked open like that – Nothing like that pussy Via & the shit he pulled that night he had too much caffeine! Oh but that’s a long story for another time.

Good night kids.
(Sorry to everyone who's pics I stole & thank you to AV for giving me advice on how to draw durring the Virginia Beach show when I was working my Demi-Luke pic.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Datura Thom Heap said...

Sweet!

Oooo askingtoo is a secret shopper! Hehehe, secret shoppers get me in trouble at work all the time! 'Cuz I'm an evil woman....

Well anistantoo is gonna have to do a lot mor einternet digen to become a Gard. $900 is nothing, as you and I know from NYC rent - HA

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home