Mansfield: VIP Day

...And then there was Mansfield. So, we'd rented a car, it was kind of a big car. Someone was concerned I would crash it and insisted that I not take photos while driving. Not only did I take photos just because of that request, but I also did my Nails whilst sitting in traffic AND took a picture of it while I was painting them. So there.
Don't try that at home kids - God got me back for my Hubris later on... as you will see.

So I pick up Jen and we were happy enough...

..and then we got to Mansfield. And right away, something was off. You could just smell it. Shit was weird that day. And of course, because it was THIS tour, it started to rain.
So, we had VIP, so.... we go we meet the band AGAIN. Justin and Robin could not have been nicer. They were talking to me about my dresses, they were really sweet. TR was sweet too - he signed TWO of Jen's things - not because she asked mind you - he just insisted.
..and then it came time for him to sign my beloved copy of Closure.
.....Kids. TR, made a joke - I shit you not - about signing my boobs. The man actually said the words "Your Tits," to me. Now I gotta live with that. Every time, I look at my beloved copy of Closure that I used to take to school with me as a little kid - and think about Trent Reznor - talking about my boobs. For real.
So - now he says this to me and like - ???? So I say to him, "Do you really think I would bust out my Boobs for you!?" Then he starts making a joke about Justin signing some guy’s balls. You know, he got all like he does when he's being cute, "He didn't even want them signed! He just pulled them out!" Oh TR....
Then he shook my hand, smiled and said it was nice to see me again.
Oh TR.

Jen took a picture with the band, actually, Jen took two, "because her eyes were closed." Good one.

I took a picture with the boys.

TR went back to being charming and nice while we took the photo. He smiled at me... he said, "It's nice to see you again."... again. Aawwww.

Robin The Mad Photographer got her awesome shirt signed! TR loved it and he took a picture. Not only was her shirt super cool and funny - but I have to now digress and inform everyone of how cool she is.
The shirt said, "The Bureau of Morality declared me a dangerous subversive and all I got was this lousy t-shirt." and on the back you can see from the photo it had her name and her BOM Exhibit 24 number on it.
So, just as last tour was ending - she sent me a present in the mail, 'cuz she knew I was going to be sad and post tour depressed, and I came home and sure enough - in my mail, was a T-Shirt she made me with my name and my numbers on it! AND it was purple!!! It was super nice and thoughtful of her - and really really funny.

This is Jen in the back stage area...

This is me, now mind you at this point I was still a little shell-shocked over The Tit Comment. But like, really what Tits?

...And then came the Q & A. So, I guess TR finally got me back for all those times I made him laugh onstage (which, now that I think about it, um, don't even ask me how many times I've been a naughty girl on rail.... actually it's a wonder he hasn't killed me yet, but I digress...) So, I go to ask him a question and he's all - "No, not you."
So, I walk away like pretending to be all sad like but, he was laughing and all like just kidding or whatever, so Jen pushed me back up front....

So, I was gonna ask him a funny question, but - that was way worse to recover from the The Tit Comment. I was gonna ask him "So, how much of the internet to you read is it like, once in a while, or - you can recognize a few screen names or is it like - dude you don't even want to know and you and all the band a in the back of the bus gossiping 'did you see what fuckbitch posted' 'really oh hell no!'"
But yeah, that didn't happen 'cuz - he got me bad.
So - the moral of the story kids - is don't paint your nails on the LIE or God will get you back for your Hubris. That, and you really ought not make TR smile during shows... he will ALWAYS get you back for your Hubris. Trust me.
(He actually did that to me once before in Red Rocks back in '06, but that’s a story for another day...)

So, then we got to go up onstage - just as it was in Chicago it was like some crazy dream. We watched Ilan and all the people we knew on the rail. It was really surreal.

Got to see everything backwards. Robin came around at one point during Metal, you could actually hear his acoustic guitar - just right there three feet away it was insane.

This is me - filming and taking photos at the same time.

Multitask filming is fun.



Justin would walk over and be all like - Hi! He's so nice, it's crazy.


And then we watched the last part from the pit - which was disturbingly tame I have to say.... and then we drove home - and because it was THIS tour - it poured and poured and we drove home in a monsoon.

....There are no words.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home