San Francisco Day 4
So early on, we were watching the line of fans going in. After the nightmares – the horrible memories of the Chaos caused the notorious Safuaevalkyrie and her crew – which I ought not speak of now – Baya Malay and I were prepared for anything! However, given a line of fans, come to support Neil & Peggy’s school, come to hear music, and not do battle, we sure didn’t count on much --
OK, now, Seriously, why are “hippies” and Dave Mathew’s fans such assholes sometimes? You know, when we were being let in, a group of drunken (this is 11:30 am on a Sunday mind you) – of drunken buffoons kept yelling “TIMMMEH,” as in Timmy from South Park. Now, not to be too politically correct, but if there was ever a time NOT to yell that… Well, lets just say, I think those guys are going straight to hell for that one!

And here’s another fun shot. Baya Malay and I did not like the sun. Here we are hiding. The only vampire in a sea of folk music fans. And sadly, the vampire was the one photographing the rainbows.

The Blessing.

Some Performers.



Me watching a set & representing in my Celestial Banner Dress. Normally, one would feel bad, for the few people who’s view was obstructed by the banners, but in this case, I felt no guilt at all – given that crew behind me, spent much o the day smoking any thing they could shove into their pipes, and throwing tortillas. The regular tortillas, as Baya Malay and I overheard, don’t fly as good as whole wheat.” I of course, stupidly thought that the grain made no distance, when it came to aerodynamics of bread products, but apparently it does. Enough so that, these guys, even after being told by security, that the same tortillas launched ever so tastelessly prior to Reznor’s set – hit a child, were still upset that the tortillas they planned to launch later that evening, might not get the same height. Yeah so, I felt a little bad about that guy behind me having to lean to the left – but – for that kid who got hit… yeah not so much…

Then Baya Malay and I left for the usual post show craziness. (Someone remind me to post a follow up to my Demi post – the best story Baya Malay told me about Demi-Luke from one of her shifts!)

Everyone’s Grudge Becomes Everyone’s Hero...
San Francisco was great. It was great to get away from New York, and terribly great to get back into the field. As to rock star’s performance….. There are no words. The set was so well thought out and orchestrated . Everyone, even those who had not come to see him – constantly overheard how he stole the show. He did.
Fans came from Texas, all over Cali, New Jersey, New York and Wisconsin, and further I’m sure. Many fans were kind enough to offer spare beds, rides. And it was all beyond worth it. After so many years, so many records, and so many shows, somehow, he, never ceases to amaze us, and keep us on our toes…
I am so thankful to him, constantly inspiring me, even when I think I don’t want him to. He does this, he is such an inspiration everyone. And I am so grateful, for how this had brought us fans (most of us fans – not quite everyone!) together. I’ve met so many really cool, sweet people through this, many I now consider friends.
I am happy to be back home, and back from my break from art and Rock Star. Although, now, after such an incredible performance – all the kids wanna talk about is his new hair.
For the love of Peat -- It’s not like he’s sticking it on with D.A.R.H.M.A. brand theatrical glue!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home