Lollapalooza: Part 1

Guess what the fuck I did last weekend! Of course, I went to go see Rock Star at Lollapalooza.

And because it was in Chicago, Abby and I were both going through Delays. Here I am in the airport again texting Abby…lots of texting on tour.
Abby -“I’m delayed already.”
Riot -“Me Too. Fucking Chicago. Told ya so.”
Honestly, is it possible to fly through Chicago with out delays? No matter, I knew this going in, pro that I am at following band. I had my drawing “Carnival” to work on.

The - Secret life of Arabia…Arabia. Arabia Arabia!

What's up Chicago!?!

-I get caught up when the rage in me subsides-
Day 1

Abby and I met Jen and Lucas for Lunch in this crazy place called Rocket. Then we walked to the festival. Chicago is pretty.



Once we got to Lollapalooza we saw all kindsa sick shit like this:


There was no end to it.

Then we walked over to the main stage, and Abby upon seeing the vista put it perfectly, “Oh my god it’s like The Promised Land!”

Oh it was. Just like I’d always imagined. Everyone knows Rock Star has some serious history with The Festival. I wrote extensively on it back in April/May, and I am currently working on several illustrations for it. So I was excited as all hell to actually be there – and to be working my Lollapalooza drawings – AT Lollapalooza. Fucking unreal.

And since Lola is all about Perry, I had to go over to Perry’s. Some cool dude took this pic of me. After that I went off to find Abby some Pad Thai. But by the time I tried to get it to her, all them crazy Radiohead fans took over the field. So I wrote her name on the box and passed it into the crowd…she never got it – but fortunately, she found some boys who gave her some weed before the show. Which, I guess was more important.

Nerd that I am, I sat on the hill straight edge style to work on said drawing. I was feeling pretty fucked up from teh sun and a week of no sleep having not even recovered from the last show less then a week earlier. All I had in me was to sit and draw. Here I am working “Carnival” during Radiohead. Fucking awesome – just like when I play Radiohead at home and draw – only SO much better!

I was distracted so I didn’t draw long. Check out the glow sticks!

No really look at their set!!!

They played Reckoner... I left my body and went to some astral plane while this song played about two weeks earlier...I'd just finished writing "Destiny Says." I was beyong elated and then they had to go and play it live. And then the most amazing thing happened.

Fire dancers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fire Works start going off in the background – Radiohead is going off – and these fucking fire dancers were amazing. I fell in love with them both.

The boy was so intense and intricate. The girl made bigger moves – and she fucking spit fire!!!


I loved it. It was so intense…. I broke down and cried on the grass… no drugs at all, imagine had I taken a hit?

It was insane. Then Abby and I crashed in the park across the way.

We were just laying in the grass looking up at the sky..... The grass was perfect. The weathe was perfect. Everything was perfect.
The Lights in The Sky arrived…and with that – we needed to go back for the night...

1 Comments:
Yessssssssssssssssss.
Awesome Post.
Rockstar.
Radiohead.
Fire.
Tears....and things shooting through the sky...sounds a-m-a-z-i-n-g!
Post a Comment
<< Home