The Heart is a Lonely Hunter @ 31Grand

Last Thursday was the fantabulous opening of “The Heart is a Lonely Hunter” – a new group show at 31Grand. I had three drawings in the show, one of which was even the post card image. Cool!

Needless to say, I was super excited about the big night. This is a photo of the dress I wore.

Here’s some peeps at the opening. Everyone is drinking vodka mixers so I think its safe to say everyone was having a good time.

The show was really strong. Orly Cogan and Paul Brainard, and Muareen Cavanaugh rocked the show – along with many wildly talented other artist. There were also many special appearances by other top artists – Barnaby Whitfield was in attendance, as was John Elliot. And if you look behind the lovely boy raising the plastic cup, you can almost make out two of my drawings.

Here’s a closer shot of “Carbon” on the left, and “Riot Alone” on the right. Both, as always are based on my adventures with Rock Star.

Here’s another shot of me in my dress. Some blogs say I was dressed as a fairy. Which is understandable, I did have wings. This dress however was actually inspired by the idea of avenging angels, and from virgin warriors such as Athena.

Here’s a shot of Barnaby. He’s the sexy one flipping off the camera.

This is shot of my third drawing in the show, “The Plaugue”. I wrote a long entry on the back story to this piece last year: http://riotrocklegend.blogspot.com/2006/12/plague_07.html

Here’s a closer shot.

This amazing drawing was done by Paul Brainard called “Some Things Last Forever”.

This beautiful oil on paper was made by Kris Knight. The pieces is called, “When a Mother Wants a Daughter But Gets a Son.” Kris also painted the piece next to it, called “Snowsuits”.

Awww, here’s someone being coy in front of a drawing by Emily Roz called “Baboon Eating a Gazelle”.

And finally – check out my new girl band! We’re still working on a name. I’m pushing for “Noah’s Violent Angels”. Just kidding. Anyway – I hope you liked the pics from the show. I had an awesome time, and I’m super thankful to the girls at 31G for including my work in this awesome show.
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter will be up until February 9th, at 31Grand.

2 Comments:
I look like poop!
But you of course look stunning and I love those drawings! You know that.
Proud of you...
Awe - thanx barnaby! You looked stunning too - and I'm super proud of you - you fucking rock star!
Post a Comment
<< Home