Sunday, November 16, 2008

New Hampshire Part 2: Waiting


So, a little later in the morning whilst waiting out for the New Hampshire show – dawn came and I got a chance to catch up with Florence and Marie. We were walking down the street all three of us – all dressed in black, and I have my long black coat on. - Some weird guy came up to us and said, “At first I though you were Nuns.”

Mistaken for a Nun! Now there’s a first! We had a lot of laughs over that. Then I got the best coffee ever at Dubs and then it was time for me to change into my dress for the show. Things Falling Apart.


No look really, it is Things Falling Apart - 'cuz its cracking and Falling Apart! I’m funny…


Uh oh, what’s Jen up to!?


I don’t know but get the camera ready!!!


Rock out.




Nice.


Aww – aren’t they cute? Lil boys all curled up like that on the ladies takin care of ‘em.


Practicing for later.


We got out tickets and since it was raining and since Jen and JT are awesome like that – the last hour of waiting was done inside. Cool.


Ok – who’s post show jittery!?! For once I wasn’t too bad.


This is my trying to Channel Robin Finck – The Diva. Of course we all know there is only One True Diva, but being that it was the day after Robin’s Birthday, we thought it would make a nice tribute… or at least be something to laugh about later.


Everyone waiting. JT doesn’t give us the Pre-Show speech anymore, he says because he knows we know it. Lukas calls him The Law. JT laughs and says he’s not sure about that. We're all sure about it though.


So we all got to the rail, that was easy. No running, no nerves. We all sat down on against the barrier and I started getting my little sings ready.


Everyone started getting Diva’d Out.


Florence and Marie got in on it too – they looked adorable!


Awww – look at the Five Little Divas! - Dude Robin’s gonna KILL us!


Health opened the show.


That didn’t go over too well.


Oh come on guys its not THAT bad!

I kinda like that lil dude with the hair…


The cutes thing ever. Todd finishes testing TR’s mike, all the while a little blond boy plops himself down at the edge of the stage and sits there cross legged taking everything in. It can only be, Josh’s son - “Mini Freese”. Todd then walks over to Mini Freese who looks up smiling. Todd kneels beside Mini Freese and whispers something to him. Mini Freese then leaps up and runs over to TR’s Mike while Todd looks on. Mini Freese with the biggest grin reaches up to the Mike, taps it – then turns to give Todd an enthusiastic Thumbs Up. Todd smiles – Mini Freese runs back to him then both exit the stage.

The entire front row can’t stop talking about the adorable little kid.


Mini Freese comes out again and this time starts dancing. He’s just like his dad. The crowd loves it, and despite what anyone thought of Health there’s no denying just how much Mini Freese has energized the crowd. Everyone is pumped everyone’s excited and ready to go!

Daddy Freese will be on the stage at any second! At any second everyone will –

-More tomorrow!

5 Comments:

Blogger meowhouse said...

Oh my god, my hair looks so orange! And horrible. I blame the rain.
(I'm in the red shirt about halfway down the page.) I thought JT did do the speech in NH? But he kept walking away from the front of the line so we missed most of it.
-maryelle from nin.com

10:17 AM  
Blogger Datura Thom Heap said...

Aww - you're hair looks fine! I remember thinking you looked pretty that day, so if anything its the venue lighting and my camera!

JT did the speech, but we joke that he only does it to the cak of the line, since the front has likely heard it before!!

7:08 PM  
Blogger meowhouse said...

Oh, thanks, aside from the rain I did look good that day. But strangely, the whole next week I was the ugliest I have ever been. I don't understand it but there must be a correlation; I must have used up all the pretty in traveling from AC>Manchester>Worcester! XD

Also by the way your dress was really beautiful and it's amazing it held up, with the train and all. I'm glad you wrote this up here because I haven't written my epic post of NIN yet and there are some details I forgot so this helps me out. I took notes during the show in AC but didn't in NH or MA. Will see you in Vegas, right?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Datura Thom Heap said...

Oh Vegas - Not with out a miracle! Although, the way things are going, I don't think I'd survive another show! (even though I still have a few more left.) You thinK you had an ugly week (which I'm sure ya looked fine!) I'm gonna look like death if I keep this up.

Can't wait for your posts! See you at any other shows?

5:51 PM  
Blogger meowhouse said...

I'm going to Rapid City, Billings, and Vegas. Wish I could do more but can't, not this leg. Europe though is on my list.

Haven't written anything up yet but I have pictures on Flickr and in the nin beta galleries. Some douche rated a really good one of TR as "84" and I am still annoyed by that even though I can take criticism like a big girl. It's NOT an 84!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home