Thursday, November 13, 2008

Atlantic City - House of Blues Part 3: The Show!


We waited – I could has sworn I heard it – then Jen heard it to –

PINION!!!


Oh my god!! What the fuck is that!?! Love is Not Enough!


Love is Not Enough!


Amazing! As soon as it got started the pit went off! We were in the perfect position, everyone crushing, being swept around in the flood – but backed up to the soundboard so there was no need to hold on or fight. We could see perfectly and we could – FEEL

Within seconds we all looked at each other and unanimously announced – “This is gooooooddd!” MMMmmm it was!


The set list was on insane shock after another. March of the Pigs saw people finally going fucking off as they should be – hard! The pit is insane – the band is on fire - Glory of 1994-I love it.


Survivalism came early – we all went off I threw up a flag – looking to the rail in front of Robin I could see a flag held up prominently – I lowered my head and was rocking out – Jen starts screaming – I look up to see what she’s reacting too –

“PETER MURPHY!!!” she cries. Lucas and Pam scream excitedly too. Jen screams – “What’s Peter Murphy doing just standing on stage!!!?!?!?”


-What else – getting ready to sing Reptile.


Did you hear me!?! PETER MURPHY SANG REPTILE – WITH NAILS!!

The most insane thing since Meadowlands 1995 Bowie doing it with them – oh but I digress and how can I when Peter Drapes his arm around Trent and Trent just stands there and smiles!


“You never know what to expect.” TR tells the audience – you don’t. I keep filming every next song because every next song is this amazing surprise.


I’m so happy we’re all here for this. As usual – all the insanity of the buss ride and that night of hallucinating on the floor was beyond worth it. Oh GOD that set list. Just feels so 1994 I love it…


TR stops at one point to give a speech. It’ long. He says something funny about them not having pants on since the show is with out “Gadgets.” He says something about the band being replaced by Robots at that point in the show – while they are in an oxygen tent back stage. Then he laughs he has the biggest smile on his face and says:

“-I’m just stalling for time to be honest with you – I’m just trying to catch my breath. Just pretend something is broken…….”

…Ok. Then he says, “Before we go on I just want to say – we have some Super Fans here tonight!!” huh?

He goes on to say some jokes about the Internet and forgetting the words to Closer. Then finally he goes into another song. That’s speech would fuck me up later – but that I will explain later….


At that point I was still hard-core into the show.


no one was more hardcore into the show then his guy. I’ve watched him at other shows, I’ve tried to photograph him at other shows – but he never stops moving. He works for them. This is business as usual for him every night – but he rocks out harder then anyone. I love him and were I not so afraid I would have told him so that night…


Awww look at the three Divas.


This is the official pic – If you look straight off from Robin, you can see someone holding up an Art is Resistance Flag.


See? See the Red in the back corner…that’s me. See the blond in front of me? Lucas and Jen is next to him and Pam is there too – somewhere in there is Jonathan and Daylin.

Yay people up front with AIR flags! YAY Robin!! Robins Birthday was the following day, Trent made a joke about Robin turning 22. We were all so excited – we had a sign for Robin’s birthday that said something to that effect. We were all laughing and smiling.


The show was so great-


I was destroyed physically and emotionally and I could not have been happier.


The show ended - it was perfect.


After a big sweaty group hug we left the house of Blues. Back out in the hall we met more old friends. Lots more sweaty hugs between siblings – friends and other fans. People kept stopping me to talk photos of me in my dress, while I’m all post show and gross! Funny. We left and all six of us piled into the car. It’s OK, we’re a close family used to being squished together.


Look at the Nails sign on the Billboard!


It was funny, there were a lot of laughs and jokes on the car ride back to NYC. We all got Veggie Burgers at one point it was awesome. Jen had duck down on me when we saw cops.

I’d fall asleep at random intervals and wake up for random parts of conversations. I’d wake up and Pam would be screeching that funny voice in the front seat with the quote of the weekend, lines to live by –

“Whatevah! Whatevah! I do what I want! I do what I want!” LOL you heard her TR!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Carol! I cannot seem to find a subscription button here, do you have one?

11:20 AM  
Blogger Datura Thom Heap said...

Hmmm thats a good question... lemme look into that.

--I just saw that photo you posted on nin.com it's cool as hell. Did you guys get home OK?

11:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's only because you guys in the photo are super cool! Think I got a couple more that are worth sharing, will put them up some time soon. If you'd like anything in full resolution, just say.

Got home smoothly, but still cannot adjust to local time, and even more so - to going to office every single morning. Instead of all the freedom and roads and music and friends... I honestly fear Monday!

But really, could you be so kind and create rss feed for your blog? So that I can subscribe to it :) Looks like it requires some adjustments to the template: http://help.blogger.com/bin/topic.py?topic=12501

5:08 PM  
Blogger Datura Thom Heap said...

I changed something - did that work? Sorry I know nothing of these things

5:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I dunno! Was the "email post" button here before? There's still no link to rss subscription, but it turned out I don't need one - I use google reader, and it needs only an actual blog url to add a feed. So it's solved for me. Post more ;)

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home