Voodoo Fest Part 4: The Show!

The lights drop - 999,999 plays we all scream uncontrollably! In the shadows behind the smoke – Justin materializes first. The shadowy figure of Allesandro emerges behind the keyboards. A whiff of smoke clears – Josh appears at behind the drums -

The light and the drums kick in! ROBIN! Robin’s in white! The Diva is dressed all in white!

Kind of hard – hard to see! AHHHH!!! Fuck!

Wait your turn – while they finish you off!!! Oh my god. I don’t know what to do with myself. He’s on stage – and she’s in white – I don’t know who the hell to look at or take a picture of! I can’t take my eyes off the one Diva – but the other’s wearing Fucking White – looking like The Twins outa the Matrix and you know she’s gonna change after three songs -

I’m starring at him, trying to take pics of her – and you know how hard it is to take pics of her – even when you are looking! She don’t stop moving – Hold still Diva!

Oh my god – and he’s in leather fucking over load – at least stand next to each other if you both are gonna dress like that!

There you are!

“We are getting aggravated. Yes we are.”
Oh – wait I’m in the wrong movie.

Discipline - This fantastic pattern on his shirt…its sweat but it looks as if it was meant to be there. Stripe across then the sacred heart what the fuck – trying to get a photo. And perhaps now I should mention TR has this terrible new trick. Trying to photograph this phantom divine sweat stain on his shirt.

Jesus. STOP doing that. He keeps doing this.
The girls scream, I don’t see it this time at first, I’m staring at the viewfinder – no way. All the girls see it too. Please don’t delete that Tessa begs.
Ok. But I don’t need to see that. Mommy Riot can’t see such things at her age anymore. Once you’ve met the man, conversed with him as one would a normal person even if it is just for a few seconds, it’s just…wrong. I’d feel bad. The rest of you aren’t looking either. Shouldn’t be doing such things in the first place I don’t care how much he’s obviously been working out dear god.

There you are, I love it.

It was just a really cool looking pattern.
I love his show. It’s so funny. I was expecting Armageddon thinking it would be just like Lollapalooza. Couldn’t have been more the opposite!

MARCH!!!
And Tessa – Kayla – yes. You were SO loud. You have NO idea. Ya blew me away, and remember I’ve been through that 43 times. He totally seemed to smile and look down at you as he whispered and you screamed – “Doesn’t it make you feel better” louder then I’ve ever heard in I don’t know how many tours.
And then he saw what Erin wrote and he smiled again!
(and then he looked at me and went….oh no. no.) Just Kidding! I don't think he even saw me at all! =P

Insert inappropriate joke here.

Kneeling up at the edge of the stage during Closer.



Radiant being from another planet. She didn’t come back to the band, she descended form another realm.
The Warning.



Those who held the other banner – got their wish. The Great Destroyer.


Proserpina --

-- “She who destroys the light.”

Ghosts

Kneeling behind the set.

Now I understand the trees. I understood them once as part of a dream I once had. No I understand the reality of them. Erin beside me, I forget her words, but says something beautiful about those trees – on the screen – now actually surround us. She would know better then anyone.

His eye…


Terrible Lie.

New Screens. Hypnotically beautiful whiffs of smoke.

I got my propaganda.

The Infamous Morph.

Um….Rob? What are you doing with that iPhone?

Ooohhhh I see how it’s gonna be!
Just kidding I love Rob – you all know that. And now I really love Rob because he took a picture of Erin’s Awesome Sign, and put it up on the website – called it “Homecoming” – and left if up for like Three Days.
Seriously, this photo meant a lot to us all and we were excited and grateful.

Head like a Hole

Come up for air – if you can….




“JOSH!!”
Josh – TR – Echoplex.
“Josh!!! JOSH!!! ----Tell me where you are Josh!!!” --Oh - no wait. I'm in the wrong movie again…

GOOD SLODIER! He played The Good Soldier. This is the one I’d wanted! I had this premonition all week. I heard them tuning it – I saw it earlier – still I was SO excited to actually hear it again!

He gave his speech – he loves New Orleans. He says the most beautiful things. They belong here – LA is just…. But this place – you can tell how much he loves it and wants to go home.
When he played Hurt – he finished – he waved to the crowd and smiled as he always does – but this time – he didn’t stop. I’ve never seen him wave and look out so much. You should have seen his face.
He seemed at peace. He was happy.

The Fire – In The Twilight.

Ashes…
The girls at my side started to cry. “I can’t wait two months!” one of them cried out in anguish. I knew how they felt – as we all do. Two months – they’re becoming like the rest of us so quickly. Erin beside me – she’s quiet, but it is her last show – so as Josh leaves, I can only think of her and how she won’t see him again. I feel guilty to all of them – for me it will be 11 days, I feel almost nothing… but it hits me – not for me for them – I cry out with out thinking as his light starts to fade – “DON’T GO!”
He could not have heard me. But when he turned to look back out at the New Orleans crowd, there was a look on his face I have never seen before in my life. He looked out – he did not smile at all. He did not wave. His face was just – grey. He looked – like we felt. He seemed absolutely heart broken as if he himself did not want to leave. I don’t know. I’ve never seen him like that after a show. Ever.
And I think that just goes to show – how much being back home truly meant to him. And I know why. That city, the people… I am honored, absolutely honored to have been at that show and to have been back in that city. I was an outsider in his home – and in everyone else’s. I will never feel reverence for another city as I do that one, and yet EVERYONE was so generous and so warm and so friendly. Thank you to EVERYONE I was there with…I love you guys – you’re the best.

3 Comments:
Those last few paragraphs gave me chills.
I love you, and that was seriously the best weekend of my life.
December seems too far away.
hey mommy, look!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3269/2976171798_83344deceb_o.jpg
:)
not sure you remember me, I was in new jersey line, the one who came in the morning and told that you're all sitting in the wrong line cause nin.com sign is in the beginning of the other one. and you said we gonna stay in the shadow and promised that everything gonna be fine. and it was fine :)
see ya in AC!
Awww Kayla – I had a fantastic time too! As to December – think of it this way – this November is a good month. Any month, or series of months when you have to look forward to shows are good - month and month with no word from you know who – that’s the hard part!
Acidpoly!
HOLY FUCK!!! That photo nearly gave me a heart attack! There I was thinking oh, what a cool photo of Robin – then I saw what was in the shadows!!! It was so socking - I screamed and she the window – that’ll get ya up in the morning. =) Thanks for posting it though.
As to New Jersey – I remember all that! I’m glad everything was OK. Yeah, having shade when you wait out all day is a good thing, the sun is harsh on days like that. Bring good shoes if you’re waiting out for Atlantic City, last time – they made everyone stand. You couldn’t sit!! Lets hope it isn’t like that this time! But yeah – come fine me – I’ll be in some silly dress I’m sure!
Post a Comment
<< Home