Connecticut: The Extra Show
Last week I made a wish that I could go to one of the near by shows on the tour – just real quick – and just hang out back and just watch the light show. I’m usually up front for concerts, because I love the whole getting crushed and being IN it. But– After my first show on this tour – I was so blown away by the lighting I wished I could just go see that.
Long story short – thanks to three awesome people my wish came true! Robin the Mad Photographer started it – and Lucas and Jen – who were already my heroes at Lollapalooza, finished it! I took TONS of photos – and some came out OK. So with out too much extraneous commentary from me – here they are:

This is the drive up – Lucas blew me away with his knowledge of every band when we played this band naming game to pass the time. I suck – so I was out after like 2 rounds. Here look --Someone is cheating!!

We laughed a lot!

About halfway up, one of us was stuck on finding a band with Y – we were all starting to get nervous but not one of us would say it for fear… so much traffic – 60 exits to go and it was getting late –

Omens...

Then the sky opened up – hail came – we couldn’t see out of the car – Lucas was driving through several inches of water, and pretty much we thought we were going to die for a second there. Of course – main concern was still not making it to the show.

But we made it! Just on time – we missed Deer Hunter but…

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Being in back was weird for a song or two but it was BEYOND worth it to see just how fucking unreal the lighting was from far back. I can’t get over how cool it was!!!

Durring Closer - he actually sang "This is the Only Time I really feel alive!" I nearly died.











I don’t have The Greater Good photographed. (I videoed it bad girl that I am.) But I’m so glad I saw it far back – it’s even scarier to see the whole thing! Fucking, when his EYE blinks… and there’s something so disturbing about his silhouette against the screen as he has his hand clutching the screen while there is this massive surreal ultrasound image of his face with his animal looking eyes blinking too slowly…






I fell in love with the guy on the soundboard. All night he was ROCKING OUT! I loved him! I tried to get photos of him several times but he NEVER stopped. All the guys on the crew seem cool always – but who ever he was, he was SO into it in a way I have never seen and he was just so cool to watch… he made me happy.

The Diva.

The Goddess – as Jen and I were saying with her BAD ASS fucking Predator Dreads in the back of her head. Totally fitting – she is not even of this world. I’ll rant more about Robin later…






Glory of Fragility!!!!

He spoke at one point. Poor thing, his voice still sounds hurt... But he say's they'll be at Denny's so - if anyone went over and saw the boys, I hope you wished them well.

And then! And then!! And then!!! --- Oh My God I fucking died –
GOD GIVEN!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

This Image - !!!!!!! Fucking says – EVERYTHING!
Hell Yes!

Seriously, I wish I had a photo to show how much I was freaking out and dancing and going crazy at this point - around people who sat through the show and knew roughly four songs between them no less – just so that everyone could have a good laugh at me. I was SO excited!!! I BUGGED out - I'd taken my sacred VMA shoes off I was dancing it was insane.
And - ROBIN does THAT part!!!!

There this one. I can die now. Look. We’re been thinking this all along. Maybe not consciously, but we all fucking feel it. I love it. I love it I love it.





He waves good-bye.

I walk out. I run off to buy merch and I can think of only one thing. THEY PLAYED GOD GIVEN!!! Here look one last shot of the blessed screen which fucking made my night.

We all got shirts at Merch - then to make things even better we all went off to Krispy Kreams. Now, as anyone who knows me – I’m rather frightened of Doughnuts and would never touch the things with my bare hands – but – so many times after a show– I would slaughter someone for Iced Coffee!

I never get to get any – but that night I did! Sure it wasn’t Legitimately Starbucks with soymilk, but it was skim at least – and I got to have iced coffee AND hear God Given! This was one of the best fun fucking shows ever!!!! OK maybe I exaggerate. I really like water and iced coffee and a Gun-Crucifix over Trent Reznor’s head!

The car ride home was SO much fun! We talked about the show – Nails songs of course – them touring with Still… There were so many stars in the sky and it was so clear and beautiful and we’re talking about Still. Someone actually has the audacity to utter the words Leaving Hope… “Dear God I would kill myself!” I scream… Lucas then says “I would seriously kill all of you if they did The Four of us are Dying.”
Everyone made fun of me because I saw Spiral tour (Tough if I could go back I would talk all of them with me I wish I could!). “Carol – were you at that show when he had on just he leather Jacket on the Closure video?” “Carol were you at eh first Option 30 show?” “Well, I was at his first piano recital…”
And then there was a lot of discussion about Robin. Lucas is on team Aaron Jen and are on Robin’s. He misses Aaron and was joking about how many times Robin changed during the show, which was 3 times. More then Trent even.
My favorite part was that everyone started saying she and her when referring to Robin. Just everyone started doing it then couldn’t stop. “She was having a problem with her amp.” “Yeah I saw that she kept turning the knobs at the end then she kept flipping someone off.” “How tall is she anyway.” I LOVED it. We kept calling her The Diva. The Goddess. Gods forgive me should she – Robin, should he be offended – but it’s true. She’s fucking amazing…
OK, now I seriously need to take a break from shows for a while and get some work done. TR needs to stop playing so long every night. He’s hurting himself to play so long and I hope everyone truly appreciates how much he has put into all this.
And I love, Lucas and Jen.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home