Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Disney Weekend Part 1: Jason's Show at 31Grand


I went away for the weekend to Disney with – my family. Yeah, I traveled and there was no band. The only Rock Stars with me all weekend were my three awesome nephews. But, before I could get on a plane and fly again for the 100th time this year – I had to stop at my beloved gallery 31Grand for the opening of Jason Clay Lewis’s show – “Drop Dead Gorgeous.”


I was really excited to see the show. I’ve missed the last few shows at 31Grand. I was…away…at other shows. Not only that I was super stoked because Jason is one of my favorite 31G artists.


Here I am on my way listening to “The Beginning of the End” remix. Never you mind it’s fitting or not shut up and walk. (No really I wasn’t dreading spending a weekend with my family……….)


Here’s the pics from Drop Dead Gorgeous. I”ll try not to write too much. I babbled WAY too much in my last post!


There’s Jason holding a cup in his face!


I love this – the Skull Bonsai. It’s beautiful. The photo does not do it justice. You can’t see the butterflies or the flowers well enough in this pic either.


d-CON Mary. Yeah, that’s the blessed Virgin in d-CON packaging over fiberglass.


d-CON Jesus. Fiberglass & rat poison.








d-CON candy. I love it. I think the idea of equating candy with toxic poison is my favorite concept in this show…but then I would! I love Jason’s work. I love his themes – and yet as dark as they are there is so much grace and beauty in his work.


There's my three lovely ladies – Heather, Grace and Karen. I got to see Megan and Henry too, but I didn’t stay as late as I usually do. I had to finish packing – that whole getting on a plane and going to Disney thing… I'll post part 2 tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home