New Hampshire Part 4: Post Show - Still Reeling

The New Hampshire show was rough…

In This Twilight was just as devastating as ever. Another show ended, another step closer to the end of the tour. Another step closer to need seeing a lot of my friends, - and him for who knows how long. But as he sang those last two songs, I had this thought…

We walked away, from the show, staggering back to the hotel…

Florence and I were both crying, as usual.

(Florence was in this shot, but since she and I were post show weepy - I cropped the image - Its not kosher to post pics of Nails Fans in that condition.) We made plans for the next day. I was regular GA – and Florence, since she’s an angel found a Pre-Sale for me and all. I love her.

We said good buy to Florence and Marie, and I dried my tears from In This Twilight. And then I look over at Jen and she’s doing this. I started laughing then, and pretty much didn’t stop until we went to sleep. She and I walked back to the hotel arm in arm hysterical over the whole TR yelling at us for the signs thing – and all the other funny things that had happened to us over that weekend.

I’m still hysterical laughing as we walk into the hotel lobby when I catch my reflection in the glass by the elevators. Everyone in jeans and T-Shirts, and some girls in a bright blue and pink dress with hot pink dreads. “I can’t believe you guys let me go out like this!??”

“No really I can’t believe you let me go out like this!!!” I look ridiculous, but then, when do I ever not? I see a clip of the video where TR points to us – finally it hits me, and I fall limp onto the floor. “OH MY GOD!”
No one has slept in days. We have the hotel room so we can catch up a little that night. But after everything, needless to say- of us where anywhere near sleeping.

So we all went out. And yeah, I stayed in my dress and my dreads because I love them so much. I want to go out like this. I love my dreads even if they are just pretend…
So we caught up with some of the rest of the NIN NYC crew, all Halo33 and killer and all looked around for food. We looked all over Manchester – all two streets of it for a diner. All the while Jen and I hung in the back and I had the giggles really bad. “You can’t take me anywhere!” I told her, “No I can’t!” she told me.

So finally we found this little place. We talked about Atlantic City and made fun of Sarah Palin, and had a lot of laughs. It was fun.

We were all so tired and the lack of sleep had gotten to me so much I actually, let people talk me into eating a bagel. You hear that Kayla and Tess – I ate like a normal person again!

And then we were walking out of the place. Jen was giving Lukas a piggyback ride and it was really funny. I start cracking up again – and I say to Lukas and Jen – I can’t believe you let me eat a bagel – and as I’m hollering about this right up the block comes walking who else – but Rob Sheridan, Brett, and that Crew Guy from Atlantic City AKA Jen’s BF.

There they are, those three dark figures. So we then turn the block and are basically walking behind them the whole 4 or 5 blocks back to the hotel. I then go back into my overtired/post TR yelling at me giggle fit and cannot stop laughing the entire way back to the hotel. And they’re not walking that fast either so Halo and I are laughing and we’re catching up to them.
Fucking Rob - "I can't beleive you let me talk about eating a BAGEL in front of ROB!" No really, I love Rob, you all know I love Rob.

Now you know normally such thing would happen I would run or at least be nervous and not move or speak – but I can’t stop laughing. Jen says something to me about this and I blurt out “I don’t care!”
I don’t care - for once, and at that I laugh even harder! Did you hear me - I'm not scared anymore!!

We get back to the hotel, walk past them and into the lobby. A group of fans were waiting by the door. “Oh no, really?” Jen says. We get into the lobby and we see the tour manger, “Let’s just go up to the room!” Jen announces. “Yes can we please!” I beg as we duck into the elevator. Just what I’d need at that point was another run in.
Bad enough someone told me they saw HIM walking around the hotel after having worked out and then also have to know that the gym was just a few doors down from our room. So we go up to our room, and shut the door. Still we felt pretty safe because we figured they would be checking out
Daylin and Jonathan were already asleep. So Jen and I met in the BEEAA-troom to watch Jens’ video on her computer and look at photos.

After some cleave undressing skills and me covering my eyes, Lukas jumps in the shower, Jens sittin on the toilet (Not doing that sillies!) and she brings up THE video of TR talking about the signs.
After watching it, my normal lack of confidence took over. Jen – he’s not talking to us! Lukas and Jen yell at me – “Yes he is Carol!”
He can’t be, he can’t be – I’m having such a hard time believing it. Then I see a shot – its impossible to deny - his eyes! He looks RIGHT at the camera! The other girl – he hasn’t read her sign yet – so that means – no no no. “Yes he did mean your signs Carol!” They keep yelling at me, I can’t believe it.

He’s mad – he’s made at us you guys! I’m convinced after seeing the video he was really pissed and wasn’t kidding. He doesn’t sound like he’s laughing….then she zooms in on his face. Oh Fuck.
Ok Ok. We have to sleep now. They made up a little bed for me on the floor it was so cute. What with all the excitement I hadn’t even gone through my shots from the show. So I craw into my little makeshift bed – and I must have fallen to sleep immediately – I don’t even remember…I just slept like the dead… and as I would find out in the morning..
-The Whole Family – Fans, Band and Crew slept together under the same roof. What’s going on lately? WTF!?!
(this is kinda nice though…)
More tomorrow!

2 Comments:
-The Whole Family – Fans, Band and Crew slept together under the same roof. What’s going on lately? WTF!?!
...just one big happy incestuous NINnie family, eh? ;-) (I know there's been some debate over the years as to what to call us fans, but I'm rather fond of NINnie--partly because it was the term we were using on alt.music.nin back in the day, and partly because a "ninny" is a silly person--hey, we KNOW we're silly, but damn it, we're having a hell of a good time here in the circus. We take fandom seriously enough to appreciate the music and those behind it, but we can all laugh at ourselves and each other (band included) as well...like I said, one big happy family. :-) After all, weren't you the one who said that you have to be able to laugh at yourself when your travels find you walking down a lonely road at o'God-thirty in the morning en route to the venue, wearing some kind of ridiculous costume? *grin*
Tell you what--if there's a show we can both get to right around my next birthday (July 15), we should both go and ride the rail--we haven't actually seen a show together, and besides, a birthday gives me a great excuse to dress up and get my ancient ass kicked in the pit. I may be more mature, but damn it, I fully intend to be a crazy old lady--I've been training for it my whole life! :-)
It IS one big incestuous family!!!
See I think you and I have discussed the whole naming debate before. I do like ninny, mostly because it is such a versatile term referring both to what we are and also our silly behavior! I also like to say things like the family “Not in this family” or “Our people” i.e. – you know “’Our People’ all dig The Nightmare Before Christmas” and things like that. Yeah it’s weird that no official term has emerged. Superfan, that’s another one- now officially endorsed, evidently, as was discussed with Atlantic City…
Still can’t believe the things he’s said these past few shows I can’t I can’t.
But any way! TOTALLY – you and I are SO riding rail! And you know what – A: you’re not ancient – and B: I’m sad to say, I don’t think you’ll get your ass kicked because pits have been tame as hell.
I’m all about crazy old lady in training too. My goal in life is to be the crazy old lady on the front porch with a shotgun, only I’ll be doing it in a Nails Dress!!! Speaking of crazy, I kinda wanna make another sign now – he’s gonna KILL me!
Post a Comment
<< Home