Friday, December 19, 2008

Rapid City - South Dakota: Line? What Line?


Rapid City was a little weird – my alarm didn’t go off, so I slept in a little late. What woke me up actually was a nightmare – I was home and it was December 7th, the date of The Portland Show. In my dream – I was so angry and disappointed in myself….

I feared that dream coming true – I knew in just a few days it would, but I wasn’t going to let that get me down, I still had two more shows to go. I ran off to the arena – to my surprise – we got to wait inside! Which was a good thing – it was a beautiful day but damn was it cold. I got to meet the twins who are awesome, and when Amy came over – I went back to the room to change….


So I get to the room, and Abby is like done. She has no intention to wait on line, she’s not That Guy, so she won’t even show up and be with us at 5. She will just come over when she feels like it.


But she’s happy, because she’s watching 90210. Nails – 90210. I donno Abby. I mean, I know you’re sick but… So while she freaked out over the early 90’s clothes, I put on my “dress” for the show. Brace yourself.


So I decided to dress up like Mila in The Fifth Element. I love that movie, and to be honest I’ve been trying to figure out a way to turn that into a Nails Dress for years. Yeah it’s a little silly but then hey, so am I. See, here I am using my old Spiral Card as my “Multi-pass”!

LeeLoo Dallas Multi Pass!


Here’s another shot of the thing. Yeah I made my hair orange for it too.


OK so here’s one of my new heroes. I was watching one of Madonna’s dancers on the mini DVD back at the venue. You can’t tell, but Tamara is Fire Dancing right there. I think I mentioned in an earlier post – but Abby was supposed to teach me to fire dance while I was in Seattle. She’d picked it up a few months ago. But with her sick, and with out the extra week in Seattle prior to the Portland show… I was just going to have to learn on my own with her practice poi.


Here I am spinning. I did it most of the day. I have to say it’s a great thing to do while waiting on line to see Nails. I wasn’t very good of course, but it was fun and I got to fulfill my dream of spinning to Capital G Remix.

Brandi showed up and we had a lot of laughs. I was really happy to see her. We talked about traveling to shows…you know the usual things we chat about at such times!


We all saw the flashing lights of the crew setting up the stage and testing out the lights. Everyone of course had to go take peak! Security was nice in this venue… nothing like Atlantic City! Remember that?!


Yeah security here just waved and smiled at us. Look how TINY the venue is!!!


Speaking of tiny – look at the Line! Ok, so we’re not a line. Its just five or six of us hanging out inside. There is no line we are just having fun. Imagine that!?


So seeing as I had the mini DVD player, and seeing it was the holidays, we decided to watch a seasonally appropriate flick – A Christmas Story!


“Show Mommy how the Piggys eat!!!!!” See – beyond appropriate.


Ok – so this is the Pre-Sale Line at about 4:30 at night – all SEVEN of us!!!

Around about that Abby came over finally and started showing me tricks with the poi. She showed me Turns, she showed me The Weave… I couldn’t get ANY of it – boy did I SUCK!


So I ran out to the car to put my coat away and took this photo because it was pretty. I ran back in pretty quick – I was cold in not but my Mila Straps! (Oh I HAD a skirt on mind you. No one needs to see my pale little ass at this time of year especially!!!)


Here we are after we got let in by JT and Jen. All lined up on the stairs like it’s the fucking Brady Bunch I love it.

I texted Kayla to apologize to her once more for failing to make Portland. It was all due to her and Tess that I would have been able to go at all. Then Repetition off Lodger came on TR’s house music and I freaked out. I fucking love Lodger! It’s one of my favorite Bowie records and don’t ask me why but Lodger has become like a December/Christmas thing for me. Yeah I have weird Christmas music. (Dead Souls and Happiness in Slavery are up there too in a way!)

Then JT gave us the usual speech. And we got let in…


Look! They put Christmas Lights on the Sound Board! I noticed it as soon as I got in! I was so happy! I should have brought the silly Thanksgiving Decorations I’d gotten to put on the rail but I chickened out that TR might get mad…


Here’s me on the rail. Awww that Mila Dress don’t look half bad now. I was excited and told Abby to get up for A Group Rail Photo, but she snapped at me, “Carol, Like – No. It’s just too much effort.” Um… OK. Now, I love Abby and I get that she’s sick, but let me tell you it wasn’t easy myself being in a good mood all weekend having to hand with Cranky Fish Mox over there….


So Abby slept on the floor of the Rail and the other ladies and I took a pic. That’s me with Marie and Amy. OK Abby not up for Silly pics she musta been REALLY sick. That’s OK, I had Amy with me. Amy is amazing – she’s been to more concerts then anyone I know – just with another band. She told me the most amazing stories while we waited.

The Bug came on. There’s really no way to describe The Bug. The only way to truly understand it – was to see Marie’s reaction to it. It was priceless and I WISH I had pictures/video of THAT. It really is amazing. I can take thousands of pics and still miss some of the most crucial moments…


Oh shit! Todd’s setting up! It’s almost time It’s almost time!!!!

Oh…shhh – wait…did you hear ---


AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

999,999!!!!!

More Very soon!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dice said...

THE DRESS LOOKED OUTSTANDING!!! I can't even believe you attempted to make it, and made it so much more amazing than I could have imagine without the designer's help himself, hahah.
Love the orange hint, too. Stoking bloody awesome.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home