Rock Star Christmas

I know what your thinking, do all those crazy pagan Satan and Celestial worshipping kids even celebrate Christmas!? Of course we do – Christmas is an everybody holiday. And in case you didn’t notice, Christmas doesn’t really have anything to do with the birth of Jesus anyway.
(And for the record, none of the Gards are officially listed as Pagan or Satanists. The only Pagan Gard was Lust. Dead was well known to have referred to himself as a Satanist, but that was back in the 80’s and those two are no longer with us.)

Over the years, the Gards have done lots of cool stuff to celebrate the holiday season. So for the next few posts, I’m going to share some of our holiday traditions with ‘yall.
As I have been teased for over the past few weeks, I have become quite the domestic groupie. I do a lot of cooking and baking around the place, and Christmas is no exception. Yesterday, I made a Ginger Bread House Metropolitan Opera House.

Now, I’m sure you are asking yourselves, “What the hell does The Metropolitan Opera House have to do with Christmas – or Rock Stars for that Matter!?!” Well, quite a bit actually. Believe it or not, New York’s famed Opera house has become quite an integral part of the Celestial history. Many years ago, When Celestial’s long awaited record “Saturnine” was to be released after a five-year hiatus – the anticipation was tangible. The whole fan base was in a tizzy – and the entire music world bit its nails and waited for Celestial to come back and “Save Rock.” The label felt it only fitting to host major event to mark the monumental occasion that would be the official release of “Saturnine”.
On December 8th 1999, the label hosted a massive concert at Lincoln Center’s acclaimed Metropolitan Opera House. Having been home to some of the world’s most gifted opera performers, the hall would now be graced by the Rock Legend Celestial. Everyone in the industry was invited. Bowie, Moby, Howard Stern, Then Entire court of MTV, Madonna, Tommy Lee, Pam, Bruce Willis – Everyone. All of Hollywood and Music Nobility had been invited. Everyone wanted to go. EVERYONE. The only fans that would be permitted were a handful of radio contest winners, and of course, the Gards.

And that my dears, is where I come in. You see, The December 8th Saturnine Show, was my first assignment as a Gard. I had just been accepted into the Celestial Army back in November, and being assigned to work that show was beyond a dream come true. I still have to look at the photos to prove to myself that it was real. That night, I had the honor of working along side two accomplished Gards, Jormungandr, and Clay – along with Crash, who had joined just a few months before I had. (Not to say Crash sucks - of course, Crash has gone on to do a many great things – but, that’s another story for another time.)
Oh I could go on and on. But there really are no words to describe such a thing, so I’ll just post some pics.

OLD drawing I did completely from memory the day after show -

The actual interior, not bad huh?
OK, So that was Saturnine, and here are some shots of me making the ginger bread house.






There you are. Now as soon as I finish my new illustration from Saturnine, I promise to post the rest of it!
Today, there are goign to be some super fun Rock Star Chrismas activities! Here's a hint Cosmos + Ice Skating! Maybe I'll post pics from that too..

4 Comments:
Gingerbread met?? that's cool as hell. kick ass meam!
meam- i tried to call you and stuff. where are you? :( ???????????????????????
Happy holidays riot.
I love this post. The pics are awesome and I LOVE the Opera Gingerbread house......will it be eaten!?
:)
hiya guys, well artsy - the house smelled really aswome when I made it, but I saw a fly on it the other day - see its been sitting out undcovered, and so, I think I'm not gonna eat it. but tomorrow, I'm going to make cookies out of the same batter.
And yes Kym, my recipe for gingerbread, I think is very heavy on the butter, ans so, whenever I make GB cookies, they tend to run and lose their shape in the oven, and come out very thin. They tase OK but asthetically, not so good. The Sugar Cookie recipe on the other hand, They work pretty good. And I used regular store bought Icing to make sure it stayed up. I once made The Natural History Museum from teh same hting, since I was on a Parasite Eve kick at the time - I made the icing out of confectioners sugar and butter - THAT was a nightmare!
Stayed up though.... I'll have to dig up the pics but it was cute. Made a little Aya & Eve too,
Post a Comment
<< Home