Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Recent Riot Events – I have no boundaries anymore.

Part 1: Rock Star’s DVD Premiere

As you know, I don’t like to name names, as you might have noticed, its getting harder and harder not to do so. Too many boundaries cross. I hang out with my friends, watch Rock Star’s – then we go to Rock Star’s movie premiere …



(A photo I should not be posting...)


Recently, the ladies (DeVars and Vision) and I attended the premiere showing of Rock Stars new live DVD in the glamour’s city of New York. It was a very exciting well-attended event. All of the big-name New York members of the fan base were there, as well as members from Rock Stars opening act. Everyone on the floor mingled and chatted about pertinent topics, such as Rock Stars new record, which is scheduled for an April Release. There was much talk about Rock Stars underground release of an old DVD – but mostly there was a lot of excitement surrounding the current European tour!

Somebody – Vision!!! Totally sold me out and told a certain awesome dude from Rock Stars opening act that I too would be going to two European dates. Well – I’m getting her back right now – She is going to THREE! Ah whatever, its all part of the job right!?

The DVD was Great! IT was almost like being there – we cheered between songs, threw fists into the air – we even moshed during the last song. Great night!



Part 2 The Glamorous MoMa Event



A photo from the Doug Aitken Pop Rally


Then a few nights later, I went to another NYC Sexy event – The Doug Aitken Pop Rally at MoMa. With me for the evening were: Art Stars – Tom Sanford and Barnaby Whitfield, The lovely Alex and the equally lovely Byrd, Barnaby’s friend who’s name I sadly can’t remember and one other lovely lady who’s name I’m pretty sure I can’t mention because she too, has been one of Rock Star’s opening acts. (Barnaby has done several exquisite covers for her band’s records.) Well just say “A”, cuz I don’t want to offend anyone.
(Heh - I just remembered this funny story, when totally turned traitor on Rock Star for a few shows and hid with members of her troops! More on that some other time!)



A photo of Barnaby and another Sexy Artist - Maureen!


What happened to my life? Even when I’m out at art events…. Never mind. Now I feel I must make fun of the event. Where I come from, sadly, we have a phenomenon known as Line Drama – which has hopefully been resolved following the banishment of psycho fan Seizure – but I digress. Line weirdness, is expected at Rock Star functions – not at art ones. Oh boy were all the art kids pissy having to wait in line like my people have to!



Me in my Rhinestone covered dress


Once inside – the event was super stellar. We all drank Whisky Sours from the open bar and listened to Cat power. My favorite part of the evening came When Barnaby told me that “A” from opening act wanted to “beat me up and steal my dress”. Tee heee hee. I just want to say once and for all, that if this particular person would ever like to borrow my dress she is more then welcome to wear it and go ice-skating in Rockefeller Center. She is super cool in my book – hell, I’d even design a dress for Amanda Palmer if she wanted.

I am so fortunate, in that I get to do all this crazy shit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Barnaby said...

(holy crap you got spam already..oh I think it's the google transformation we all have to do)

Dude..RUM sours..ugh. I still shudder o-casionally from it...

you looked hot tho' ..word...

5:17 PM  
Blogger Datura Thom Heap said...

Word, revisiting the rum sours was not a pleseant thing to be postin about.

word

9:53 PM  
Blogger Katy Diamond Hamer said...

Hey riot..I just blogged this event too and Barnaby posted a comment mentioning how you were both there.....

The artworld is oh so small..

and Oh so fabulous!

:)

11:33 PM  
Blogger Robin the Mad Photographer said...

Funny, but I was just reading about the MOMA business & Cat Power in A's blog earlier this evening...the world is getting too damn small, eh? (Did I show you the pictures of both members of Former Opening Act with the Rock Star dolls? I haven't put them on my website yet because I can't seem to upload them (damn squirrelly coding...need to get my friend Dante on the case), but I can definitely see the two of you swapping dresses someday.

(Oh, and my url is www.robinthemadphotographer.com--needs to be updated, and hopefully will be soon, but it does have a few older Rock Star photos...)

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home