Friday, December 21, 2007

Rock Star Christmas at the Opera


It’s just not Christmas with out a trip to the Met. This year – the festivus opera was Iphigénie en Tauride.


Here are some lovely photos of the tree at Lincoln Center!


This year – the tree changed colors! I loved it.


Here’s the Met – I know I’ve posted about this before, but everyone in the Celestial crew has a special affinity for the Met. A few Decembers ago, one of the biggest events in our history took place here when Saturnine made its debut! This was also my debut – as a Gard… Awwww memories…






This is inside – (see Barnaby that’s where they have campaign!)


Wow… look at the dress from Manon!




This is me at intermission.


OK, now I know I usual post a lot about the operas themselves but I really can’t this time. The subject matter, well, it’s a touchy thing for me and the rest of the Celestial Crew. I mean, the whole thing takes place in a temple to Dianna - Iphigenia, being the priestess to Dianna… Her brother Orestes… Mycenae Agamemnon, Clytemnestra… Way too much of our own Celestial history is tied up in the legend. This version of it especially.

My Tool and A Perfect Circle crews out there will at least get the Orestes reference. Maynard did not speak for him in song this time. This time, the honor went to Plácido Domingo.


The music was lovely. I feel in love the colors of the set. Susan Graham was great – she remains onstage the entire production. And of course as you know – Dianna shows up at the end….. Well that’s enough of that.

Stay tuned I still have news!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home