Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving Day Parade!


So after being out late drinking with Sa Lews and De Vars – I somehow managed not to wake up hung over! Which was a good thing since I’d crashed at my brother’s and the next morning my wee nephews woke me up by jumping on me, hitting me and growling at me. It was awesome. My nephews are awesome.

Now I likes to keep work and family separate. See, being the crazy Art Star/Rock Star Gard, it’s not the kinda thing one wants one’s family getting mixed up in. But, since it was Thanksgiving and since we all saw the parade and it was awesome, I’m gonna post some pics. I’m not really gonna post pics of the family, cuz like, I ought not to, but I will post some pics of my nephew’s art!! Check out this drawing – its F---in awesome!! (I can’t curse in this post either, the kids, you know) .


Check out this drawing – its F---in awesome!! (I can’t curse in this post either, the kids, you know) .



But remember being little and in school and making all that cool F---ing Thanksgiving art work when you trace your fingers and make Turkey’s and make pilgrim hats outa Macaroni and Indian hats outa feathers! God that was f----in awesome. TOTTALY not PC, but F---ing cool as H---! So yeah, seeing my nephew’s turkey art like, made my day. I so miss Kindergarden art. It totally blows away any like gallery art.


So, me, my brother, my sister-in-law and m’ two nephews and I walk across Central park to see the Thanksgiving Day Parade – and its so warm and nice again, just like the night before. Only now it’s sunny and REALLY warm. Rock Star would be P--SED. Thanksgiving in New York City, especially in area’s surrounding the parade – are the coldest, rainiest, and like, worst weather conditions imaginable – but this was like a spring day. Wow. Global warming strikes again… Sorry Rock Star…


So we got to the parade and it was SO awesome! Right away the Engergizor Bunny Balloon went by – remember – we saw him get blown up last night!!


Cool!

I took pics of me with the boys, but, I ought not post pics of the family… They might not like that. You know just like I’m sure Sa and De don’t like hwen I post pics of them either. Heheheh.


Then we saw Shreck!!! Me and the boys were so excited to see Shreck go by.


Then into the parade fun – came crashing in The Art World. See, ‘cuz no matter what all my lives collide. This is Jeff Koon’s Rabbit. Now we will have none of that art world pretentiousness here! Today, the carrot is just a carrot, the bunny is just a bunny – there’s CHILDREN present now!


Then we saw Dora The Explorer – with her was Backpack and Map too!


Then Mr. Potato Head went by. My brother wondered why Mr. Potato Head’s watch said “11:46, one would think it would be something like 11:22”. I myself wondered why Mr. Potato Head had a watch at all. Since when does Mr. Potato Head have a watch and a Purple Sippy Cup?!?


Then Pikachu went by with the Poké Ball. Yeah, the boys thought it was really funny when I started yelling for Pikachu.


Then there was a Snowman. My Mum really loves snowmen, so, I took a pic.


Now see, my nephews are really awesome, but here’s why my nephews rule. See, Dylan is five. He’s all excited to see Dora and Shreck and all, and he’s asking me to take pics – but along comes a guitar float – kid starts freaking out – “Take a pickture, take a pickture!!! “ He’s the most excited I’ve seen him all day to see the guitar float. I took a pic, I showed it too him ---- and then he says – “I LOVE guitars”.

I’m telling you, this kid, is his Aunt’s Nephew….. I swear, I didn’t even start him on that…


Then Kermit went past. It was unreal. People were actually chantting for Kermit! How cool is that? But, then, we all know what a Rock Star Kermit is! Wait wait, none of that Sad Kermit, remember what I said about not in front of the kids. We’ve all seen his heartfelt rendition of Rock Star's song, but I cannot endorse such behavior as displayed in the video when there’s children present.


Oh my god – then Santa finally came! Santa Santa!!!


I love Santa! He’s like the biggest Rock Star of them all! (Next to my Rock Star of course) But he had such Charisma and he was so happy to be on the awesome swan float! Santa Rocks!!!

Then the parade ended and there was a mass exodus of people from the Upper West side of the park by the Dakota. So I told said bye to my family and my brother and sister in law joked with me about my journey home – I had to get from the Upper West Side to Penn Station, then take a train home to Rock Star house – Celestial Complex. So they said, “Have a nice walk.” “I know!” I said. Then my brother joked with me that if I walked quick enough I could catch up with the parade at Herrald Square and see it all over again!

Heh, so sure enough, the subway was like scary full of people, and since it was the nicest day ever, I walked from 77th to 34th. And I’m walking and just as I get to Penn Station, I look up the street and low and behold, there was Pikachu!!

I did it! I did catch up with the Parade and see it again. I took a pic – look it’s the Snowman Balloon again!!



So I had to call my brother. I told him he wasn't kidding about that catching up with the Parade thing. So I did get to see it twice. He thought it was awesome. He said, I was like Hiro doin the time warp and all. And then I thought about it, and I thought, said, “Yeah, I am like Hiro!!-



“Yatta!!!!!!”


Wow!! That sure was Awsome!!! And there’s still TWO more days of Thanksgiving Festivities to come! Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Blogger Katy Diamond Hamer said...

awe cute...glad you had a good F**kin' Thanksgiving! hee hee..sorry I had to join in :)

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home