Rock Star Thanksgiving '07

So, I had to cook my Rock Star Thanisgiving Dinner – which meant I had to get up early – it was really cool because the full moon was still out.

When you get up at 4:30 A.M. to cook Thanksgiving dinner, theres only one thing to do while cooking – Watch Madonna Confesssions Tour!!!! Fucking A. And also between cutting things up and watching Madonna’s amazing ass in Gaultier – you have to do the goofy horsey dance.

Yeah Madonna!

Cool.

So, I was toasting the cornbread for the stuffing – and I looked out the window and saw that the full moon was about to set over the water where the sun normally sets – I really wanted to see it so while the corn pudding was cooking I thought I’d run out with my iPod, play some more Confessions Tour songs and watch the moon set and the sun rise.

There is no time…

Once upon a time,
there was a boy and the was a girl-
Hearts that intertwine
Lived in a different kind of world
Forbidden Love-

Are we supposed to be together?
Forbidden Love
Forbidden Love

Staring up into the heavens
In this hell that binds your hands
Will you sacrifice your comfort?
Make your way in a foreign land?

Mmmmmm
Im ninalu Im ninalu
Mmmmmm
Im ninalu Im ninalu

Bring the heaven and the stars
Down to earth for me –
Mmmmmm
Im ninalu Im ninalu

Ok that’s enough dancing on the beach for now – back to cooking.
This is the cranberry thing I make all the time. It’s awesome. Some I know a few people asked me for the recipe, so I’m going to teach everyone how to make it:
Ingredients:
3 large Rome apples = 6 cups diced
3 Cups fresh cranberries
2 TBL spoons of flour
3/4 cups sugar
3 packs of instant oatmeal (cinnamon sugar)
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2-cup flour
1/2-cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
1/2 cup melted butter or marg.
3 large Rome apples = 6 cups diced
First, pre-heat the oven to 350.
Then, put on some David Bowie Live from the BBC disc 3, and peel the apples. Then cut them up and combine the apples, cranberries 2 TBL Spoons of Flour. Stir that shit. Add 3/4 cups of sugar, stir that too. Then pour into casserole.
Put the butter in a wee bowl and stick that in the microwave for about a minute – while it melts, dance around to “Cracked Actor.”
In another bowl, mix up the oatmeal, chopped pecans, 1/2-cup flour brown sugar & butter. Now dump that mix over the apples and cranberries. Bake uncovered 350 – 45 min.
While it bakes, put on “Bella Lugosi’s Dead” preferably the version featuring Trent Reznor & TV on The Radio with Bauhaus. This one is fun for the whole family, sing along change the lyrics make up new ones it’s tits. Whatever it’s better then the show tunes that are on the Parade.

Speaking of the parade! I totally did Hiro Nakamura and made the Thanksgiving day parade happen again! YATTA!!!!!! It’s not Thanksgiving with out the parade – and good music playing over the awful show tunes!!!! “Do you believe in love at first sight-It's an illusion, I don't care-Do you believe I can make you feel better-Too much confusion, come on over here!”

Awww Celestial Complex – the sun finally came up isn’t it pretty?

Eeeeewwww!!! Gross! Ok this is not pretty at all. OK here’s a lil secret – I get really freaked out by the turkey every year, I make someone else do it!!! YUCK!!!! Eeewww eewww ewwww.

So yay! Look – it’s shreck balloon AGAIN! So now we’ve seen it get blown up – we’ve seen it in real life at the parade – TWICE and now we’re seeing it AGAIN on TV!!!! “I benda time, anda space and telaporta!” Hell yeah Hiro!!! And then, holy shit, you will never believe what happened, so I leave the kitchen, I look at the TV, and fucking, who do you think Al Rocker was interviewing!?!

MASI!!!! It’s Hiro!!! Fucking Shit!!!!!!!!! See that!? Thanksgiving Day Parade is all about Hiro and The Time – Space teleporting!!!! Tits!

HELLO KITTY!!!!!!!! (And whatever they tell you, no, I didn’t cry when Kermit’s balloon went by and they played the rainbow connection. I didn’t cry I swear it was from cutting onions. And yes, it still counts that I cut them an hour earlier….)

OK then I cooked for a lot more, and as usual NBC tried to tick us all by telling us that fucking lame ass dog show was Thanksgiving Tradition. Fuck that we all know what really comes on after the parade. So I outsmarted them fucks at NBC like I always do and put on my DVD of “It’s a Wonderful Life”.

“Buffalo gals, won't you come out tonight, And dance by the light of the moon.” Aww see that’s a nice lookin turkey! Now that its all cooked!

Look at my Shoes. Shoes. Shoes. These shoes are glittery. Oh my god glitter!

OK, then many a cocktail later – I got a call from The Outer Senshi – Sa Lews called “I hate to be the bearer of bad news…” she says. Turns out, Rock Star had his picture on the cover of The New York Times Arts & Leisure Section. Now for a while me her and De Vars had this joke going about how I’d had a picture of my work on the cover of Arts & Leisure- but Rock Star hadn’t. Well now that was up and we had to tell Rock Star to step off and all.

We talked for a long time as usual and we laughed a lot…. We also talked a lot about The Met’s production of Die Zauberflöte. I was still cooking so I made the stuffing while we talked even though I was kinda tipsy at the time…. I still made really good stuffing.

Aww here’s the covers together. Mine is on the left, and Rock Star’s cover is on the right. Awwww. I know we all laughed and hollered about Rock Star messin on my turf… But its really crazy when you think about it all. Look, there I am next to Rock Star on the cover of the same paper. And looking at it reminds me of the time I was so excited to show him my cover. He was so sweet about it too, he actually you know, took the time to unfold the paper – look at the pic, read it for a few seconds(probably had to make sure I wasn’t trying to bull shit him). Awww well… things I won’t repeat here, but I told him you know, it was because of him that I…. Anyways. I love my crazy ‘lil Rock Star family.
(my photo is a few fractions of an inch bigger, you know in case you were wondering.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home