Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Old School Art



In my last post, I wrote about how I have been working a lot lately on my new series of work. A lot of that entails writing and drawing pretty pictures to go along with what I write. I am a Gard, I work for a Rock Star who we like to keep nameless. I’ve been working on a book, which will cover – not only my adventures with the band, but the entire history of the band, which covers over 20 years of Rock Star craziness!

I’ve been a big fan for ages, but Rock Star has been around since the early 80’s. It’s taking a while – but it’s kicking ass so far.

Any ways, in the process of compiling all this shit – I came across some of my older drawings I did when I first started all this. I can’t believe I’ve been making books about my life with Rock Star for Six years now! Christ, I’ve been a fan for….never mind that. Too scarey - fuck years. Let’s look at pics!



I drew this in 2005. This was me and the other Gards, having breakfast way way way back before the US leg of the Saturnine Tour. This was like January of 2000 I think. We were all waiting for the tour dates...not very patiently though! Anyways, later that day was the infamous Lunatic Abandon Battle. It was cold that day.



I drew this back in '02! This was my first night after I was promoted to Elite Gard. I got to watch the show from the stage, which is a great honor. This was the opening act - you can tell, see how they all get along? Rock Star and his crew - not real big into the group hugging.



I drew this in '02 as well. This is me and my girl Alair - she smokes a lot. Don't you just hate when your friends smoke, and you don't, and yet still you end up out in the cold when its time to chat? Its ok. I kinda dig the smell of second had smoke. It happens when you hang around the rocker boys I guess.



Awww there's Crash - my old sculpture from like 2001! This is Crash, my old roomate from when we both blew off Rock Star and were living in New York for a year. Well, you can never really get away from rock star. We learned that the night we tried to go to Stevie Nicks concert - well, long story short - the others found us - pulled me away from "Planet's of the Universe," tricked Crash into going after Lena, who was going to pretend to get in trouble I think but then, becuase its her, she really did get drunk and lost, and well, one thing led to another, Crash jupmed out a window! I caught him, the boy got blood all over my pretty dress and we ended up deciding to go back to rock star.... yeeeahhh.



Drew this in '05. This is Fog towards the end of the Lunatic Abandon Fight. We call it that now – Fog took Rock Star’s sword in his absence to decoy the enemy while we escaped. No human can lift that thing… Fog didn’t stand a chance and she knew it. Angel flew home from the UK gigs just in time to save her ass. We came very close to losing more then just Fog that day. Thank fuck for Angel (he’s Rock Star’s head Gard and my boss.)



'03 I think I drew this. Aww, look at cute 'lil Lena - passed out again. I tell you though, that girl can drink any fucking rock star under the table! Never ceases to amaze me. See here, Crash and I are telling her to get up - and Clay is his usual not giving a fuck about any one.



This is from '05. Clay on Gard Duty, gaurding Celestial Complex on the beach. It was cold that day.



I think I drew this in 03? Well this was my first assignment as a Gard. After years of self imposed exile from the music scene – Rock Star remerged with the biggest event in music back in 99. The whole of the Metropolitan Opera house and everyone who was everyone showing up for the concert/CD release party for his first record since like fucking forever. “Saturnine”, was the most anticipated record for like three years – everyone wanted so desperately for it to ”save rock.” It was a great fucking record and one of the best nights of my life - but like, rock was already dead…



This is from an old installation the I did in '03. That was fun!

So, next time, I will post some of the newer stuff I've been working on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home