Extra Tour Date: Phillidelphia - My 40th Show!

So – I was running around like a mad woman the day before the show. I had so much to do before I left for Red Rocks and now all of a sudden I had to get ready for Philly. I wished I had more time – I realized I could have done better with the flags, and then I had an idea how to make faster. OK so they weren’t as pretty as the Izod ones but there was a lot! I always thought it would look so cool if he could look out and see everyone waving AIR flags! That’s kinda my dream – to get the whole pit waving flags. Honestly, he’s done so much – just in production for this tour alone – I thought we should step up our part for him. So I wanted to do this really bad. But one runs out of time and fabric so I ended up with about 36 or so then had to sleep.

I was so nervous I wouldn’t make it. I had to take so many trains and it was getting late, I wasn’t sure I would make it at all. But honestly – I was so blown away by how cool everyone – Pam Lucas, Jen, Jonathan, Daylin, Lorena, The French Girls, Adam and Sawyer and Lorena’s friend! EVERYONE was helping me get to this show and at that point I was so much more excited to be with them then the show itself. All I could think of was them – I couldn’t even focus on the show!
-through the bleak of winter
through your latest barrier
Your latest barrier-

Finally I made it! Look at Adams hair!!!! I fucking love it!

We made it to the barricade – here I am – in my stupid hat next to the best thing about going to shows – everybody-- - Lucas and Jen! And -

Pam! Johnathan and Daylin made it too. The French Girls had to hang back, I missed them, but I have to say, that Alex, who I don't have a photo of was really awseom - he and his girl Gina gave up their GAs to others 'cuz he got hurt... Fand area always looking out for other fans and I'm always so amazed by how cool people can be.

So everyone settled onto the barricade. As Jen pointd out - "Damn it's TIGHT!" It was. Once settled, it was Arts and Crafts Time. Look what Pam made!!! “He may not give a shit-” she said, “But he’ll know damn it!” Well, thanks to Pam and Daylin’s Blackberry (or was it Mandy’s?) – We all know now know the temperature in Guatemala.

Here's me in my goofy hat, thinking I was doing Hubris, and hoping TR wouldn’t get mad.

Speak of the devil – YAY!!! He's here! We made it!

Look we’re in front of The Diva!

Really – what an awesome place to watch the show from – I get to see them both!!

And I get to see the most amazing thing – TR on a Xylophone. He’s so incredible and graceful on it.…he can do anything. You should see him at the end of Piggy. Josh just KILLS on drums in the end, but TR is just as unreal, if you're not careful you almost miss it...please don't.

We are all overwhelmed by the Ghosts set.

The Greater Good.

The cool flashlight trick! And that’s just it – it’s not a trick even – none of it is. It’s all real. All of it.

Terrible Lie – Speaking of almost missing things and the set - look at their shadows above them on the screen. They do so much with the sets on this tour it’s unbelievable. That’s their images – live – not pre-recorded. It's all real and interactive.

Aww – everyone Rocking the Resistance during Survivalism.

Look at the screens!!!

If you look real hard you can almost see...


Look at this - Jen took it. I think this was durring Wish or something, TR seemed then to be--Oh yeah - then some crazy dude rushed the stage and was all kneeling in front of TR acting all stupid -

Go JT go JT Go!! JT is such a nice guy and a total bad ass! He’s the head of security – you shoulda seen him throw the fuck down on the guy it was AWSOME! Yeah, he's really nice and looks out for all the fans - but don't jump on stage or anything crazy like that!!!

Echoplex. I love watching him play – he’s so into it. I’ll write more sappy stuff about this later – but this was a happy show – I swear even with all that was going on I didn’t cry…

TR gave a funny speech about how there are all these hot chicks in the front every night at shows-

-Then, as if on cue – someone throws a purple bra on stage and Robin catches it.

ROBIN holding a PURPLE bar. Amazing. You can’t make this shit up!

Reptile.

The Diva. The Goddess.
And then they fucking did Down in it. DOWN IN IT. Yeah, I didn't take a pic. Probably 'cuz I was freaking out that they were doing Down In It!!!!!!!
In This Twilight:








Bye Bye TR – I’ll see you in a few days. He's playing Zero Sum. He's playing Zero Sum alone I can't take it.
He leaves - We all hug then separate and start to head out. Leaving, I said hi to the guy from my distant past then ran away like I always do from that era...

The Aftermath from above.
Shame on us for all we have done
And all we ever were. Just zeroes and ones

A third tour in Philly, 3rd rip in time...
We all found each other after the show - my group - the extended members of the group - met new people, it was cool - then we piled into cars and drove someplace together.

Look at my funny heart shaped rail bruise.

Look – the show ended, but we are all still together. This isn’t fleeting anymore…we’re all still together! We went back to Lucas’s place – since he’s so awesome and had like 30 people crashing at his house. Then we all drove back to New York, Lucas even drove me back to NYC because he’s so awesome. Then I had to hurry – less the 24 hours and I was leaving on a Jet Plane! AHHHH! I had to make more flags I had to pack – I might even have to sleep – Run Riot Run.

1 Comments:
Great photoblog(s), Carol :)...they remind me of mine from 05/06 US tour (you remember my photo craziness, right?), but I've since started to slaaaack. Keep it up, I enjoy!
Anyhow. Will we be seeing you at Grand Rapids, Columbus, or Fort Wayne? Come on... :D
/Adam
(Clocksrun)
P.S. Heather (my girlfriend) LOVES your art. Absolutely loves.
"I think she's incredible."
P.P.S. http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c334/nin11_5_05/ph13.jpg
(Philly '05)
Post a Comment
<< Home