Sunday, September 14, 2008

Red Rocks Part 1: Finally a Day Off...Sorta.


Still in Post show mode, leaving in a few hours to cross the country for him.

I’d barely finished packing – I was just about to leave for Red Rocks. I couldn’t stop thinking about everyone. I was so blown away by how nice everyone had been. I was so in love with the fan base as a whole I always am but on this day – there were no words. I was so overcome _ I had another one of my insane ideas. As usual – I felt the need to execute it…even with just hours to go before I left.


Barely finished printing – off to the airport. Still drawing Carnival – will I ever finish?


Ready to take off again – god I love flying to shows.


This flight – while it was beautiful night, my I pod was loaded with beautiful music was a little scary. I kept watching the CNN on screen from the guy in front of me. No sound, but kept updating on the hurricane hitting New Orleans. Obviously, I was worried for the city, but I also knew someone – another fan who was there. I worried about her too.


It was weird too. No one next to me. I could stretch out. Kinda nice. So I did that. I played music. I thought about the long drives I would have to do, and I thought a lot about…writing….

I woke early my first day in Denver. Couldn’t sleep, still on NY time still thinking about things to write – thought of the city and then flew out of bed. –I quick threw on CNN to make sure New Orleans wasn’t 80% underwater again… Hurricane downgraded. I felt better; I cut and paste pictures till it was time to check out of the first hotel. Then I got my car – I took it easy the first day. I ended up with this really nice hotel, it had a pool and all so I was looking forward to not doing much for once.


The show at Red Rocks was seated. Look what happens when shows are seated.


We went swimming. Yeah all last minute plans changing – Abby came for a visit and to swim. It was really nice. Thanks for letting us have seats TR!!! -Not that he can hear of course. I am just really grateful…it was a really really nice hotel! And it cost the same as every other one only it was really really nice! I was so happy and so was Abby.


Look here me and Abby are, just hanging out in the really nice room. Shhh – Abby don’t look at what I’m doing! Thank god she didn’t! We were watching CNN – I kept laughing at the stupid Palin bitch and her knocked up daughter. Sucks for the daughter but fuck the conservatives and their abstinence only bullshit.


Look how much I love my Hotel – it had a kitchen. A Kitchen! Ok not so much a full one – but it had a fucking fridge and a microwave!!!! For once I got to have normal dinner on tour! I wasn’t eating Cliff and Luna bars – I got to have Amy’s I loved it!!! (I’m weird about food, but I guess everyone knows about my food issues now) And there was a Starbucks down the block. Best thing ever.


Look – there’s my little couch. So Abby left and I quick did a little more work then went to bed. I had a lot to do the next day…

Stay tuned tomorrow for Red Rocks Part 2: How I Almost Killed Trent Reznor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home