Monday, September 22, 2008

Cross The Desert Part 2: Half Way to LA


I’d been driving since 5 A.M. Doing 85, hollerin’ Stevie Nicks songs alone in my car. I needed to get out and walk around a bit. Plus – no more needing to be wrapped up in blankets and hoodies against the pre-dawn cold, it was getting hot. I needed to get outa the car to get some fucking air.


The place where I stopped was so pretty.


I choose to be his confidant
And to keep him from the fire
I choose to be quietly discreet
If that is his desire


You say you wouldn't do this for very long
The applause from it all is so defining
Well it bounces off the wall at you
When the miracle is happening

High priestess...she's the keeper of the peace in this-


Twice as much, intensified
What people will do
To get...this...high


Was I so wrong
Why am I always so intense
In this same place I sit
The same place as before
Well I came all the way here
Just to watch you walk out that door


Maybe I am calmer now
Maybe things are fine
Maybe I made the whole thing up
Maybe it isn't a lie
Maybe the reason I say these things
Is to bring you back alive
Maybe I fought this long and this hard
Just to make sure you survive-


Just to make sure you survive.


The sky out there was incredible. The photo doesn’t even come close to doing it justice…


I got back into the car just as Reholder, and thus the “Greek Set” of songs had started. By then my iced coffee wasn’t very iced anymore. It was kinda gross – and even though I’m one of those hippie soymilk people, its still gross drinking it. And anyone who knows me, knows how much I need Iced Coffee. If you cut me, I bleed Iced Coffee. Iced Coffee – Nine Inch Nails and that’s what keeps me going….

But being out in the middle of bumble no where fuck – Iced Coffee wasn’t readily available, as usual - I was gonna find some if I had to kill for it. I’m serious – My Yahoo Directions go – Airport to Hotel. Hotel to Venue. Venue to Starbucks. Seriously. I was kicking myself for not mapping that out along The Drive Across The Dessert!

But I have to say, even for me, once I got back onto I-40, I’d all but forgotten about my severe addiction to caffeine. The drive was beyond words beautiful, and I had music with me.


And we fight...for the northern star

No speed limit...this is the fast lane

It's just the way that it is here
And you say...I never thought it could

And the lady's feeling
Like the moon that she loved
Don't you know that the stars are
A part of us
And the lady's feeling
Just like the moon that she loved


And you say...I never thought it could
Bella donna
Come in out of the darkness...

You are in love with...
And I'm ready to sail...
It's just a feeling...


i don't think you even know
what you think you just said
so go on spill your seed
shake your gun to the rasta man's head
and the desert - she must be blessed
and no angel came

there's a time to keep it up
a time to keep it in
the indian is told
the cowboy is his friend
you know that i can breathe
even when i cheat----should. should've been over for me


So, I was nearing Flagstaff, something about the woods was bugging me out. I was starting this creepy Deliverance vibe…. “He’s got a purdy mouth” kinda thing. Flagstaff being the biggest town for a while, I figured it would be the best place to stop for gas and my best chance for Starbucks.


Sweet!!!

-Also while I was stopped, George, my old boss texted me did I want to transfer – and I was all, George (Cuz he knows) I’m not even in NY, I’m somewhere in Arizona following Nails. And he was all “lol of course.” And my Momma called to tell me that my Nephew Dylan had flushed his underpants down the toilet. Awesome! Yeah, I wasn’t even, but by then it was like 1, and I was kinda getting a little bugged out. I was barely half way to LA, and it was getting late.

I’d forgotten about the time difference, so I was starting to feel a little better. Still, kinda weirded out.


but my priest says
you ain't savin' no souls
my father says
you ain't makin' any money
my doctor says
you just took it to the limit
and here i stand
with this sword in my hand

you can say it one more time
what you don't like
let me hear it one more time then
have a seat while i
take to the sky


Only love
Can make it rain
The way the beach
Is kissed by the sea

Only love
Can make it rain
Like the sweat of lovers
Laying in the fields

Love! reign o’er me!
Love! reing o’re me, rain on me
Rain on me!


And it's happening
Never planned on this
You got something I need
Kind of dangerous
And I'm losing control
I'm not used to this


Hey
Can we stop?
Me, I'm not

I can win this war
By knowing not to fight


Say your name.
Try to speak as clearly as you can.

I hope they cannot see.
The limitless potential.
Living inside of me.
To murder everything.
I hope they cannot see-
I am the Great Destroyer!


Like a flag
on a popstar
On a Benzodiazapene

You give me yours
I'll give you mine
cause I can look
your God
right in the eye


Um. No Way.

Truck full of PIGS. Driving to see Nine Inch Nails – Truck Full of Pigs.

Like, Actually. AND – what with stopping and my doing 90 at that point in my effort to haul ass to LA, I passed The Pig Truck, literally three times. You can’t make this shit up.


96 in the car. Air conditioning doesn’t do much at that point…


Just one kiss on my lips
Was all it took to seal the future
Just one look from your eyes
Was like a certain kind of torture

Once upon a time
There was a boy and there was a girl
Just one touch from your hands
Was all it took to make me falter

Forbidden love
Are we supposed to be together
Forbidden love, forbidden love


Just one smile on your face
Was all it took to change my fortune

Forbidden love
We sealed our destiny forever
Forbidden love, forbidden love




m nin'alu
Dal thae na di vim
Dal thae na di vim
Dal thae ma rom
Im nin'alu

Staring up into the heavens
In this hell that binds your hands
Will you sacrifice your comfort
Make your way in a foreign land




Mmmmmm
Im nin'alu, Im nin'alu
Mmmmmm
Im nin'alu, Im nin'alu

Wrestle with your darkness
Angels call your name
Can you hear what they are saying
Will you ever be the same




Give me release
Witness me
I am outside
Give me peace

Heaven holds a sense of wonder
And I wanted to believe
That I'd get caught up
When the rage in me subsides


Super late at this point, still in Arizona. I was a wreck and had to take a pic. I don’t think you can tell from the photo – not that I don’t look a fright in it – but there is no way to explain – just how fucked up I was. I was almost as soaked from sweat as if I’d been in a mosh pit, and I was as shaken at 4:30 after nearly 12 hours of driving, as if I had been in a pit.


I put gas in the car one last time, bought water, seeing as everything bottle of water in my car was hot, and started to drive.


La Mer played - The mix started shifting into the down set, and that’s when things got really fucked up…

more on that tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home