Red Rocks Part 3: The Show!

Waiting.
This is no dream - this is realy happening -

Nine Inch Nails - at Red Rocks! Smoke it out!!!!

Oh My God!!!!

I’m rocking out to 1,000,000 I’m going crazy I love it – then I finally get a good look at him -

Oh my god – What is he wearing!?! Holy FUCK!
---Glory of The Prefect Drug---
I fucking LOVE it!!!

No – look at the man’s shoes!!!!! Like, actually!

My GOD, Look at the collar on his -- fucking Coat! – Ok, as discussed earlier, we know how intense I am over clothes. But THIS!?! This is too much to ask. I can’t stand it.
He would later joke about how cold he was. “I’m freezing my balls off,” he was kind enough to share with the entire crowd, “I don’t even know if I match, I just put everything I could on.” Oh Rock Star, if only you were here now or reading this so I could tell you. Matched? You looked fucking phenomenal! I still can't get over it.
- I Spent half the show trying to get a good pic of the shoes and the coat it was insane – he looked amazing! Thank GOD I wasn’t on barrier I would died – I would have had to kill myself right there. Since when does TR dress THAT nice onstage jesus Christ – and I thought the blue shirt was deadly.


I’m so glad I have Abby to go to shows with. No Spoken Word, we both just…. Well there you are, there are no words for it.

Vessel!?! Vessel into The Great Destroyer!?! AT RED ROCKS!?!? Are they trying to kill us all!?

Red Rocks was the first source of inspiration for the installation, and the sculpture, which is A Great Destroyer

The first images came to me at Red Rocks in 2006- while I was playing The Extreme! My one successful remix is The Extreme crossed with Vessel becoming The Great Destroyer. I’d been playing it all day and then it is performed live – At Red Rocks!
What the FUCK!?!

…. limitless potential…

....to murder everything - All existence will be denied –calls him back frozen in the last moment..

…by the time it does, he’s already dying…..

-time will not wait and-

“What the hell are you both doing!? God DAMN it Riot -Listen to me - and for the love of God - don't fucking only remember the middle part of the-"

DUDE!!!!
Woah where'd I just go!?!?
Oh fuck – right, it’s cool, every thing is cool, September 2 2008, still at the Nails show. Everything’s cool. Abby’s behind me, Lorena’s run off to the center. There’s TR rocking out on his lil keypad. Ok….ok.
Damn it Trent!!! What the hell were you thinking playing those songs like that!!! I can’t believe he played Vessel into Great Destroyer….And then I gotta look over at one of the computers as it switches to the screen saver. Same screen saver I have – the one I picked because it reminded me of my installation.
Oh look – Robin.

6 Ghosts !?!?! Are you kidding me!? Oh my god that’s one of my favorites – and to hear it HERE – in the mountains? What’s with this set list? The band sounds AMAZING on it.

We were all saying late on the car ride home - how much we enjoyed watching TR on the Xylophone the French Girls and I. We’d been seeing it all tour, but somehow – the angle at this show – to look down and see him from the 3rd and 4th rows – was just incredible. He’s so talented. And as Lucas would later point out – to play that requires more then just skill it’s finesse – and he has it. He was so graceful and so at ease with the instrument and he played absolutely beautifully. I hope everyone really gets to see him, he does so much during the Ghosts sets, he is so gifted, and it is such a gift to be able to have him here to play and do all this…
And Robin, look how Robin plays a flute! I nearly died watching him on 1 Ghosts in Connecticut, especially with the red plain mountain-esuqe back drop. Here, there was no need for such a back drop, we were already out in it. It was just devastatingly beautiful beyond words, I still can’t believe I saw it.

Look – The Diva came for a visit, durring Wish I think it was...

They launch into Reptile. Abby is distraught, she cries on my shoulder. With one hand I comfort her, with the other I throw my fist – and do my best to take pics of TR-

He’s got that damn coat on again!!!

Jesus, look at the collar - look at the silver buttons!!!!

Of course I thought about it once or twice during the show – but I wasn’t at all pre-occupied, or even afraid. I was pretty much – not even worried about what I’d done. I was quite proud of myself. I all but forgot and enjoyed the show.

God Given.

God Given with The Gun Crucifix, over Red Rocks

Hurt.


In This Twilight.




Onstage alone, he plays Zero Sum. I say good-bye, and yes, I know he can’t hear. He never can, he is not supposed to. I’m not sad to see him go. I am skipping shows, but it will only be a few days. I tell him I will cross the desert for him. It feels in some weird way like a sacred mission – for him – and for everyone that I make this journey, and that I do it alone. I don’t know why.
Just Cross The Desert…Santa Fe to LA.
Delusional divine calling…I don’t know. I see it as privilege and a dream…I am forever grateful for the chance to do it, finally after so long. This means everything to me. I thought 8 years ago this would never happen again. I wanted then to run away. I wanted to drive forever to the end of the Earth, but there was no place to go. There was no reason. Now there is – but I’m not running away anymore. I’m running parallel with everyone else – everyone that I love.
And he’s onstage – alone with a keyboard playing Zero Sum….

There are no words.

1 Comments:
What an amazing, emotional review! Do you mind if use one of your Vessel pics on the artwork I'm making for the bootleg?
Post a Comment
<< Home