Vegas: Night Flight

Back in the airport again. Back on the same bench putting my boots back on. The same bench I have sat on to put shoes back on after going through security no less then five times since July. Of course back hen I was putting on sandals, and things were a lot different.
I got to the gate – and I found these two…

“Wait guys, what does that sign say? What!?!” “Why are we going to Vegas!?!”

I can’t believe I’m doing this – AGAIN.

But it’s like Amy said as we were leaving Portland. We were going to do this all along – we knew it, we just didn’t want to admit it to ourselves. She really does know everything when it comes to touring. She is the wise one for sure.
I still can’t believe I’m doing this.

Jen can’t either. We’re all scared, but as usual – lots a LOLZ.

“What the hell this bag won’t even hold all of my vomit!”

Delta Lady and friends are even funnier when ya watch the video with Lukas and Jen!

Lukas falls asleep in no time and can do so anywhere. Thank god there’s always a camera ready when he does.

Jen and I were FREAKING out when the plane took off. I’ve NEVER been so scared before on a plane in my life! We kept telling ourselves we were only just flying to Boston, but it wasn’t helping.
Lukas on the other hand, seemed pretty calm over the whole thing.

There was a beautiful full moon – when we took off for “Boston.” Of course I’d known it was going to be a full moon this night for a long time. I just didn’t know I actually Would be on a plane for Vegas that night….

Jen and I were laughing our asses off at the appearance of Year Zero on the screen. So of course we took pics. This is a pic of Jen taking a pic.

Lukas woke up and had fun with the screens too. There were a lot of good records next to weir not so good records. Oh LOZ at the Randomness.

Because Sarah is awesome – she burnt me a copy of the Closure DVD a few years back – so we watched a little of that. Oh the old days, what fun. Jen and Lukas don’t got no love for Richard Patrick as you can see from the pic.

On the other hand – we all got a lotta love for The Diva! Awww look at the Little BABY Diva!!! It’s Diva as a wee little diva in training!!! We had so much fun watching Closure, but we were getting sleepy. And since we would be getting in at 1 am. Vegas time – 4 am our time – and hadn’t gotten a room for the night – we figured we should try to sleep a little on the plane. Yeah. As we had been saying in the airport – we didn’t plan that out so good. We’d only even booked this mess a week earlier.

I slept a little during Still/Ghosts and The space ship songs offa The Slip. All Lights, Corona and Four of us. It was cold on the plane – it was even colder out the window – might as well have been in space.
Jen and I kept waking up because of all the crazy turbulence. We kept looking at the map. “See it’s because we’re flying right over Red Rocks,” I said at one point – we were. I would look at the map – where we were – where I’d been driving just a few days earlier – my amazing drive back in the summer… Jen and I would freak out over the turbulence that the plane would crash – Lukas, didn’t even wake up at all.

Wait a minute – this isn’t Boston!

Jen!!! Why is that the Vegas Strip! Why did we fly to Vegas!!!! The plane landed – everyone clapped and cheered, just like when I landed in Greece, I loved it. “What’s up Vegas!”
Oh god, we really are in Vegas.

OK, we’re in Vegas. Nothing is open in the airport even. What are we doing?
Hey wait – you guys – you look like you’re standing under a Space Ship!

LOLZ

OK – we kinda have to take a pic of this…
…and then we got into a cab and -

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home