Vegas: "Hotel Room"

Oh god – why are we in Vegas – Ohhhhhh yeah!

So, we didn’t get a room for the night. Florence, Marie and Mary Jo where coming from Sacramento, then we’d all share a room the next night – but the night before the show was another story. I said hi to some friends on the GA line. I was really happy to see Anthony and Sarah and the other Jen! There was no reason for us to stay on the line. We had all had seats – something we were all actually pretty happy about for once, especially given all the insanity surrounding the trip.
After that, we settled over at the Starbucks, seeing as, you all know how much I love Starbucks and since they had the nice comfy chairs. Jen and Lukas and I were just chilling there most of the night.

I drew, we all chatted. Lukas slept of course, then he went to play poker.

Just after dawn we went for a walk outside. We took some funny pics and got some supplies at Walgreens. You know, water, Luna Bars… the usual.

Another beautiful sunrise after another sleepless night full of laughs, all because of you know what, I love it.

We went back inside and Jen and Lukas played some slots.

“I screamed and ran to smash my favorite slot machine!”
I also got to see Brandi again! I was so excited! EVERYONE was going to be at the show! I can’t believe I wasn’t going to go – how silly of me.

Lukas needed a hoodie, so we made the epic never ending journey to American Apparel. Our trek took us all the way back to Ancient Rome… Jen and I were tired and cranky. Lukas yelled at us both it was awesome!
We got a text from Marie that they would be in around noon. We still had at least an hour left, and we were TIRED.

So we went back to our hotel room in Starbucks and crashed on the chairs. Jen got some gum on her shoe – so we took a pic. Around about that point I was crashing REALLY bad. If I didn’t have coffee – I don’t even know. So I caved and went to go buy an Iced Soy Mocha.
So I’m on the line to get my drink. And there’s sorta kinda two lines. I’m beginning to think maybe there should be only one line and thus I am in the wrong place, then a guy gets on line behind me – so now I guess I’m OK to be in that line. Or at least I would have been OK– had that guy not been Alessandro Cortini!!
Great, now I’m all tense, I fidget with my hair but I don’t move right – because I got God Damn Alley on my tail. And he’s talking on his cell phone behind me. I can hear him in his little voice, with his Italian Accent saying, “No, I am not nervous about the show tonight –“ but he is quick to add, “Tonight is the big one because,” and then his voice drops to a whisper so that I can’t hear. I hear enough. Great, he whispered because he probably guessed I’m a fan, dressed all in black and what not.
So now I’m standing there, managing to keep my composure – Jen comes running up as I approach the counter, she slips me a twenty and says “Carol can you get me-”
“yeah yeah I know you need drink,” trying not to make it seem obvious…
“a Tall Hot Chocolate with Whip!?” – under her breath “Alley’s behind you.”
“I know.”
Now I have to order. Great, now I’m nervous and I have to order my drink and hers and not screw it up while little Italian Keyboard Player is behind me on his cell phone.. So very carefully, I order both my drink and hers – all with out screwing up! and I’m feeling pretty good about that-
-But then of course, since god hates me, the barista has to say – to Me AND Alley – “Are you two together?”
JESUS
Behind me he says sweetly, “No. Can I please have a Tall Coffee – no make that a Grande.”
So now I’m trying to pay I hand her my credit card, trying to keep my and from shaking – then I duck my head and move straight to the bar. Lukas and Jen – watching the whole thing laughed and said I did a perfect pivot turn – and that it was so obvious as I darted away from him. And of course while I’m waiting for my drink and the one Jen didn’t even want she just got to warn me – Lukas has to shake his hand and say “Hey.” Alleys cool and say hi back.
We both laughed at Lukas.

So we’re just chilling and crew keeps coming in. I’m jumpy – can’t imagine why – “Guys we’re in a damn Hot Zone we need to bolt!” But they’re laughing – “This sis our hotel room – don’t they realize that? Why do they keep coming in?” Well they have a point.
They both face out, but I’m sitting with my back to the door. Still, I turn my head just in time to see Josh Freese. We all lock eyes. I turn right back around, they smile at him. I think I smiled but I don’t know. He too gets on his cell phone and orders coffee. He leaves and we’re afraid to bug him.
You know me…I don’t like run ins. I’m so afraid they will go bad. But a funny thing has happened to me these past few shows. I’ve heard so many wonderful stories of people who’ve met Robin. I almost no longer fear meeting the Diva. Several times since Rapid City I have said I would like to finally meet Robin – and this time actually talk to him. Jen and Lucas of course want to meet The Diva. So, I am actually wishing to run into The Diva. We all are.
Not only that, but I’ve met Justin so many times now it seems, and he’s been so cool, I’m not afraid of Justin either. What’s happening to me. That’s TWO band members I’m almost not afraid of!
But the other two – they scared me – and the Other Other one, we will not even speak of. So after The Alessandro Cortini Run in – AND The Josh Freese Run In – I was scared and shaking so bad! So when Marie texted me to tell me they’d arrived – I jumped about four miles into the air!

I was still shaking when we got upstairs to the room! Boy was I glad to see Florence and Marie, Amy and Mary Jo too! We all hugged and laughed and had a lot to catch up on. A LOT! And then some….

You know so we all had this nice pre-last-show moment before we went back downstairs.

Everyone got cleaned up.

Doing Vegas the way we were – last minute – all of us together was a really special thing. It was also to be my 50th show. I brought the most special dress I could, out of retirement for the show. The first dress I ever made, the one I wore back to the VMAS back when – oh there I go again…. Seventeen blog posts for another time. I was just so happy we were all together and doing this for the last show of the tour. It was the only way it could have happened, I knew that by then.
Walking across the lobby later on, Jen spotted Justin on the escalators playing with his daughters. Jen called out “Hello” to him. I elbowed her in the ribs – his daughters were playing on the escalators – they were fine of course, but his daughters seem to be the same ages as my nephews. I’d be nervous is they were playing around on an escalator – “Jen let the man watch his kids!” Seriously, they were riding the escalators - he needs to keep an eye on the little ones!
I was being over protective Aunt Carol though… I worry too much when I watch the boys… Justin on the other hand knew what he was doing with his daughters – he smiled and waved hi to Jen.
Then he said he like my dress. Everyone was smiling and waving, it was nice a really nice moment.
Wow, three band members in one day. Crazy.

Then we went back to hang with everyone on the line. EVERYONE was there! I got to meet Maryanne! Yoshata was there with her Mom. Taryn, Sarah, Anthony, Jen, Lorena, Ashley, Brandi and their Mom – EVERYONE!!!! Here Yoshata is pointing to everyone!!! There were even rumours of Meathead and The Leviathant being in attendance. LOLZ.

I gave out some flags to the GA peeps and then went back to hang with my gang. We had a lotta laughs. I was getting nervous though. After all I was using Abby’s ticket – what if something went wrong with all that eh? Still lots and lotsa LOLZ.
“-Keep, keep it together
Keep people together forever and ever”

“Oh look it’s my lovely family!
‘ello love. Aren’t we all just having a lovely time!” - We’re a wild and crazy bunch – all right love – take me where I’m going. All right – formation – formation HO! – ho-
I got brothers, I got some sisters too…
Keep it together in the family
They're a reminder of your history
Brothers and sisters they hold the key
To your heart and your soul
Don't forget that your family is gold
I hit the big time but I still get the blues
Everyone's a stranger, city life can get to you
People can be so cold, never want to turn your back
Just givin' to get something
Always wanting something back
When I get lonely and I need to be
Loved for who I am, not what they want to see
Brothers and sisters, they've always been there for me
We have a connection, home is where the heart should be

We lingered as long as we could in the lobby of the venue once we’d been let in. We were scattered around the venue in seats. I felt guilty – as she’d said, the ticket Abby had transferred to me was in the Front Row. Marie and Florence were back in the 100s section and separated. Lukas and Jen were together – but in the 300s. I offered to switch off with Jen – but she and Lukas said I should stay in the front. I then told Florence and Marie we should switch off, but Florence didn’t want to piss off JT. She had a good point. Then I figured I should just give Florence of Marie my ticket – they’d done the whole tour. They were the biggest fans and they’d done so much for me. But, then I would have to pick one over the other, and I couldn’t do that. I felt really guilty about my seat the whole week leading up to the show.
So on the plane back from Portland, I had an idea… I had a little trick up my sleeve for the night. It was the best I thing I could come up with… I had to do something. It wasn’t fair my being in the front and everyone way the fuck back. I made everyone Flags. Not Red AIR Flags. These were special. They were white, with the symbols of everyone’s favorite songs. If we all waved the five flags during the two songs we’d randomly picked out – we’d all be together. So the plan was – during Wish and Terrible like – we’d whip ‘em out!
Once I made it to my seat – I kept looking back for everyone one. Can you see Lukas, Jen Marie and Florence? Cuz all I could find was Florence. We waved to each other a lot.

So I waited alone for the show to start. But as usual – I wasn’t alone. Nails fans really are awesome people. Maryanne came to visit me, a few other people came to chat with me. It was nice. The Bug came out – I had so much space so I danced. I think I was one of five people, but fuck everyone else if they can’t have fun during The Bug. We all know Warrior Queen has no probs with that!
After the bug I met the people sitting next to me. They were awesome. The place began to fill with smoke – and we all got really excited.
This is it! -- You ready?

3 Comments:
ha! The Ally incident = best incident so far. :-D
- Brandie (brandi)
*dies*
That was so painful to read...but I'm so zealous for you. I agree, the Ally incident was awesome, haha.
Oh no! First I mix up Tessa and Kayla - now all this time I've been spelling Brandie wrong! I gotta stop doing that!!!!
Yeah, freaggin Aley having to get on line behind me.....
I'm sorry that was painful to read, but, it was painful to be there too, physically, mentally and financially. But, somehow - I don't know why, everything is working out so far, thanks be to whatever up there still likes me.
So - on the bright side Dicey, you'll have saved $$ and you'll be back for the next round AND no thread of Alley getting in line behind you to get his coffee.
Yeah did I mention the entire fricken crew was in there at some point? I wrote that so long ago I don't even remember. Band, crew, and I'm sure if they allowed animals, TR's dog woulda gone in for a Frap too....
Post a Comment
<< Home